Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kim shuts down vacation rentals
Kim shuts down vacation rentals: Proclamation signed Friday declares STVRs ‘nonessential.’

What a waste of time to focus on that
It's important to the local xenophobes *and* the liberal virtue-signallers. A rare political two-fer!

Seriously though, does this mean Kim is finally on board with the lockdown?
"Seriously though, does this mean Kim is finally on board with the lockdown?"

That's a great question. Right now I see it as him trying to look as though he's taking things seriously without actually doing so. We have so few tourists arriving now it's an action that will have little effect and it's well beyond the time this action should have been taken. It's a typical politician's reaction - here's something we can do so let's do it. I hope I'm wrong though.
Proclamation signed Friday declares STVRs ‘nonessential.’
-----------
Does a STVR that is renting to folks working over at PGV, have to shut down? Some of those STVR are shuffling workers in/out of their rentals, on a regular basis. Some rentals are paid by PGV, others by the sub-contract company, others by the contract worker.
Sounds like STR not STVR to me.
Sounds like STR not STVR to me.
------------
You would think so, but many of them are advertised as STVR and workers are coming/going.
I wonder if the folks running STVRs qualify for unemployment now?
Harry Kim has, at one time or another and in one way or another, taken actions to harm just about every business type on the Big Island except county government. He never wants to cut back there. Problem is, something needs to be up and running to keep paying the taxes so all Harry's friends can have cushy lifetime jobs. His late and clumsy handling of the pandemic may finally put an end to his career, but the damage is done.
I own a unit in the Mauna Loa Shores condo next to Carlsmith Beach Park . We were living there full time and I bought my unit in 2018 after we lost our home in Kapoho. We had planned on using it as a STVR in the future but the way the new ordinance was written we were excluded.

We bought a house in HPP and for a while we were living in both places.The steady stream of vacation renters forced us to move down to HPP full time.
We were there a few days ago to get our desktop computer and printer.I had the computer and printer loaded on top of a small desk and rolled them into the elevator.On the way down to the lobby the elevator stopped on the 4th floor and 2 vacation renters tried to get on the elevator. The female tried to force her way around the computer desk which was blocking the door.I pushed her back with the desk and held up my hand.I suspect she didn't speak English.

We have 2 elevators and the wait is minimal.

The rental ads are still up with this minor warning.

COVID-19 travel restrictions
This country or area currently has travel restrictions, including preclusions on lodging, due to COVID-19. Check travel advisories from health officials and local orders.

https://www.homeaway.com/search/keywords...ilo-hi-usa