Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Realtor Recommendation
(08-02-2020, 03:58 PM)ALOHANO Wrote: All I am trying to do is see if there is an agent or even a firm on the island that stands out or offers exceptional service. More of a looking for a recommendation type of situation. I understand the process of buying property. I am just looking for an agent that is willing to do more than fill out the blanks on a boilerplate contract.

Thanks again folks

Galyn Williams Hilo Bay Realty. 808) 756-7986

They have an office in the Puna Kai shopping center in Pahoa.

My wife was a realtor with him at Hilo Brokers for quite a few years.

I bought a condo and a house using him in the last 2 years.
Thanks Obie. I appreciate your recommendation.
I recently received a letter from Hilo Bay Realty and it included this sentence:

"As an added incentive, if you choose to go through me to purchase the property, ask about my Makana (gift) of 10% of my commission paid to you at closing!"

So regardless of who you go through, there is that to ask for.

When the market was in the gutter during the last recession, I saw agents advertising 50%.
Thanks TC. I have no problem paying the commission, but I would like to have an agent who is willing to earn it. Like returning calls, assisting with inspections, faxing documents, etc etc. The agent I was working with was good at her job in the past. She has made it so that we are now shopping for a decent agent to write an offer for us.

Appreciate your time
(08-02-2020, 09:36 PM)ALOHANO Wrote: Thanks TC. I have no problem paying the commission, but I would like to have an agent who is willing to earn it. Like returning calls, assisting with inspections, faxing documents, etc etc. The agent I was working with was good at her job in the past. She has made it so that we are now shopping for a decent agent to write an offer for us.

Appreciate your time
I used Julian Tuellinghoff for two transactions.He was very responsive.
Thanks Garrnett. I appreciate your input.
What's the going commission % for selling of land parcels on the island these days?
It's negotiable. Most realtors want to get 10% for it.
Try Kevin Lewis when i looking for a house he did a good job for me.
We used Kevin Lewis once back in 2011. He was very helpful and responsive when we were emailing from Alaska. We scheduled property viewing day far in advance and the day before we were flying over to look at properties he emailed and said he suddenly had to go on vacation and introduced me to a new guy in the office who was also helpful and responsive even if he didn't know how to fully use the search features of the MLS system yet.

He had a lot of good advice about the island. He asked me how I was able to find all the properties so quickly being from out of town because his map game was a little weak and we always beat him to the next property. I told him I had a GPS unit, and he had never heard of the concept before. He was trying to understand how such a device could function and my wife said, "It receives signals from space that tells us where we are and where we need to go". And he laughed, he thought we were pulling his leg! The last property we looked at was the one we bought.