Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what are the rules for parties/gatherings on the Big Island
I’ve been seeing several large parties of what appears to be quite a few people. One, I counted 15 cars parked in the yard and street. Is there a rule about the number of people allowed?
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
There are exceptions, but generally gatherings are limited to 50 people if indoors and 100 people if outdoors. Both require social distancing.

https://coronavirus-response-county-of-h...87dc0b678d
Seeing these are at houses, I really doubt social distancing was practiced. Proving that would be next to impossible, though.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
You have got to be kidding me. Outdoors....A HUNDRED??!! Here is how much that will help: ZERO. New Mayor, please. Hurry.
8f - I'm not even sure these rules (are they laws?) apply to private households. I've only scanned the mayor's order and I'm sure there are loopholes. I think all you can do is avoid such gatherings. How you avoid someone that attended such a party is obviously a bit of an issue. Unfortunately, it's become more difficult to avoid stupidity during the last few years, and now it has real health consequences for society, even for those that have taken all the precautions they can.
It is ironic we ask minimum wage employees to stay indoors face to face with hundreds of people a day in a grocery store, but then not hang out with a few friends at their house on the weekend. I'm working and in a similar position, but refuse to put my friends at risk, even if they aren't taking things seriously. When I do see friends and kupuna I wear a mask and keep my distance.
From the state Department of Health's website under the heading of Community Events and Gatherings, "Under the current proclamation from Governor Ige, no groups of 10 or larger are permitted." So it looks like wildly differing information depending on which website you check.
https://coronavirus-response-county-of-h...32614c43d7

2020-06-12 OFFICIAL Mayor's COVID-19 Emergency Rule 8

Gatherings: indoor "up to 10 persons permitted with a maximum of 50 people", outdoor "up to 10...maximum 100", provided physical distancing and safe practices. The information is "wildly differing" because each County has its own rules.
It really doesn't matter whether it's 10, 50, or 100 if there is no enforcement.
Certainty will be the death of us.
Mayors proclamations are about as useless as the presidents executive orders. I agree....enforcement is the key and it's being done poorly.