Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PIGS
(08-30-2020, 12:23 AM)suzanne wade Wrote: Aloha, I am one of the volunteers that feed the cat's at the Keaau transfer station.

The “one of” worries me.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
Susan Wade I understand that you are one of those people with a big heart and you love all the felines out there but these regulars here at Punaweb are right.  I too am an animal lover and I hate to see any creature suffering but:  
  You are creating more of a problem by feeding those cats.  Sure the pigs are a problem too but don't you understand that the population will just continue to grow in that area if you continue to feed them?
The irony is a person wanting a solution to a feral animal problem so that they can feed a different feral animal that actually creates a lot of problems.

One can do their own research on pig versus cat intelligence, or how pigs are so closely related to humans we grow human organs inside them, use pig heart valve transplants to humans, etc.

Pigs don't kill endemic birds or monk seals. They are sure tasty though. Cats are all stringy and tough.