Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP Cell Tower Approved . . . Oh, the Humanity!
"Some folks thought Johnny Mnemonic was a documentary, I guess..."

I had to look that one up. Will try and watch the movie soon!
Doesn't 5G utilize more minor, secondary RF transmitting stations than current systems? I think that's one of the concerns, you just won't be able to escape those waves! However, the good news is that energy levels will be lower with a more widely distributed grid, not higher. Who knows, I'm not sure of the technology or worries. The anti's can indeed be quite alarmist.

The best way to avoid an RF energy source close to your brain is simply not to use a cell phone. I know a few who don't. Next best is to use speaker phone function or plug in ear buds.
Most modern Verizon capable devices have an option in the settings to make and receive phone calls using the home Wifi, bypassing the need for the stronger cellular signals entirely. I use it at home because we get 2 bars at most under the metal roof and without the Wifi feature enabled often times if someone called my phone wouldn't ring and would go straight to voicemail. And if the Wifi is out or signal is weak, the phone uses the cellular network.

It only works with home wifi because you have to input your address because of 911 regulations. To make Wifi calls using wifi elsewhere, I can use my Google Voice number. The call quality is usually better on wifi anyway.
The kind of 5G that uses frequencies well above 6GHz barely penetrates a building on the same block, and is really only being deployed in big cities. It does indeed need a lot more antennas to function.

The 5G here and rurally across the US uses the same or similar frequencies as existing 4G and WiFi.
"Most modern Verizon capable devices have an option in the settings to make and receive phone calls using the home Wifi, bypassing the need for the stronger cellular signals entirely."

It works great for me too. I have a network extender but most of the time I'm outside the house my phone says it's using WiFi calling.

I had to buy a phone from Verizon to make it work. They won't let unlocked phones that you buy yourself use WiFi calling. AT&T is the sme. Buying a new phone for the wife right now.
I read an article recently about ten movies panned on Rotten Tomatoes that were actually quiet the decent. Johnny Mnemonic was one of them. I have seen it, and it's not had.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
If we can build a cell tower on the moon, why is it so difficult in Puna?
https://mashable.com/article/nokia-cellu...-the-moon/
Simple: the moon isn't "near someone's house".
isn't "near someone's house".

But when they build it, I’ll believe I can see it from my house in HPP.  Up there, directly over my carport.

Nokia's plan is to build a 4G/LTE network (on the moon), and eventually transition to 5G (just like the rest of us).

Speak for yourself news article.  Puna has people who write letters to the editor.
(10-19-2020, 12:55 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: isn't "near someone's house".

But when they build it, I’ll believe I can see it from my house in HPP.  Up there, directly over my carport.

Nokia's plan is to build a 4G/LTE network (on the moon), and eventually transition to 5G (just like the rest of us).

Speak for yourself news article.  Puna has people who write letters to the editor.

The problem isn’t with the letter writers, it’s the people who believe them.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!