Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renewing drivers license?
"So does that mean that the compliant licenses issued between 2013 and 2018 will be renewed with the gold star without having to go through the whole bothersome process all over again?"

Yes. I had to submit documentation. It was quite a problem because my original documentation was buried under 80 feet of lave in Kapoho.
... my original documentation was buried under 80 feet of lava...

This thread had become a version of the old Monty Python skit where each character had a poorer more destitute and difficult childhood than the one before.  

Obie wins.
...and watching that skit performed in a theatre with broken seats and a leaky roof, after paying triple for the tickets.
I was just thinking how this conversation reminded me of being home with extended family for Thanksgiving. Thanks for that!
(11-20-2020, 07:20 PM)kalakoa Wrote: If by "entitled" you mean "expects competence" then yes, and COVID is no excuse.

For what it's worth, I have applied to the observatories, multiple times, they send back postcards and hire someone "better suited". Fine, but the lack of interview is a fail on their part, explanation of which is even further out of scope.

Sending unsolicited resumes to the observatories is not applying for jobs. And I know of no observatory that sends postcards to unsuccessful job applicants - everything is done online and has been for a couple of decades. In addition, you can't be interviewed for a position if that position doesn't exist in the first place.
"out of scope" indeed Smile

If you geniuses really can't wait till closer to October 2021 (the new deadline for TSA acceptance) to get that star, just lose your license and make an appointment.
Big Grin 
(11-20-2020, 07:20 PM)kalakoa Wrote: For what it's worth, I have applied to the observatories, multiple times, they send back postcards and hire someone "better suited". Fine, but the lack of interview is a fail on their part, explanation of which is even further out of scope.
Why are we observing your observatory observations in a license thread?
Why are we observing your observatory observations in a license thread?

Clearly we need a thread dedicated to pointless arguments.
(11-21-2020, 09:06 PM)kalakoa Wrote: Why are we observing your observatory observations in a license thread?

We have one-- the HPP thread.  Though I haven't seen much since the site reboot.  I miss it.  It was one of my favorite soap operas.
Certainty will be the death of us.

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray