Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CDC says no masks needed for fully vaccinated people
Thumbs Up 
So, are stores going to still require masks? Do you have to show your papers to prove you’re vaccinated or will there be an “honor system”?
I’m tempted to try it when I go to Hilo tomorrow!
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
From CDC web site:

"Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance."

In other words, nothing has changed, except for Biden's threat issued on Twitter:

"The rule is now simple: get vaccinated or wear a mask until you do.

The choice is yours."
I got excited when I read this in the paper this AM, but I'm skeptical about when we can expect this to become "official" here. When CDC dropped the mask mandate for outside, Hawaii did nothing. I was willing to wear a mask when it appeared that it might help stop the spread of covid, but I really resent having to wear one when it's only theater. It's time to drop the 10/25 crowd size limits too. Enough is enough already. Vaccines are available. If you choose not to get one, that's your choice and your risk.
when we can expect this to become "official" here

December 5, 2022.
Ige says nothing will change here. Says it's too difficult to enforce.
Yes, for the time being, the mask mandate in Hawaii remains.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/05/1...-on-masks/
I will wear a mask anyways for some time to come.
I appreciate the CDC giving an honest assessment of risk and not endorsing security theater for vaccinated folks. I don't get how it could ever be enforced though, as selfish types will just claim they are vaccinated when they are not.

Given reality on the ground (so much of the world still unvaccinated, so much of the US unwilling) I think unvaccinated folks should get a warning to get vaccinated or lose the free COVID healthcare coverage in the next 90 days. After that, if you get sick it's on you, you had your chance.
I think unvaccinated folks should get a warning to get vaccinated or lose the free COVID healthcare coverage in the next 90 days. After that, if you get sick it's on you, you had your chance.

I agree.
But if that were suggested or implemented the conspiracy theory mills would crank out such gems as - - even if COVID is a hoax, everyone is entitled to free treatment.
That's an interpretation of what they've actually said.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nco...nated.html

My assumption is that it's the media telling people what they want to hear to sell papers, or what ever they do now.

The CDC is still hedging their bet and adding escape clauses for themselves.

Plus, the variants are coming.
Little doubt new vaccines will be required in the not too distant future.

EDIT:
I just got my second vaccination yesterday.
Slept for 18 to 20 hours last night as a result.
Hopefully that's done with now.
Needed more after the first, only about 10 to 12 though.
This one really hammered me.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.