Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Safe Travels now permanent?
the 2 sided entry form you fill out on the plane prior to arrival

COVID "emergency" rules make that form mandatory, which HRS 150 does not.
(10-21-2021, 12:06 AM)kalakoa Wrote: Remember, Safe Travels is about collecting traveler demographics -- COVID is just an excuse.

The state have been collecting travel demographics for decades.  What is new?
What is new?

Safe Travels is both mandatory (enforced with fine, jail) and automated. The old paperwork was neither.
(10-21-2021, 08:58 PM)kalakoa Wrote: the 2 sided entry form you fill out on the plane prior to arrival

COVID "emergency" rules make that form mandatory, which HRS 150 does not.
When was the last time you travelled?  Regarding the agriculture declaration, the only mandatory part is the front side where you state no forbidden items are on your person or luggage.

The back side with demographic info is voluntary.  Safe travels doesn't require it either.  At least, that was the case in August when I last travelled to mainland.
the only mandatory part is the front side

HRS 150 does not require a negative declaration; I've been throwing the form away.
I've been throwing the form away.

Flying on a jet aircraft is a huge contributor to carbon emissions and global warming. In the future when you refuse to fill out your Agriculture Department form as a protest do it in a way that's good for the environment.  Be part of the solution not the problem, please recycle that form.
(10-22-2021, 02:01 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: I've been throwing the form away.

Flying on a jet aircraft is a huge contributor to carbon emissions and global warming. In the future when you refuse to fill out your Agriculture Department form as a protest do it in a way that's good for the environment.  Be part of the solution not the problem, please recycle that form.

And now for some whataboutism. 

How about those facemasks and landfills? I personally prefer to dispose of them all in Ige's front lawn.

Edit: Let's not forget about all of the empty bottles of hand sanitizer too.
There's an old saying that goes..... don't sweat the small stuff.
The secret is that it's all small stuff.

A wise man once said that "We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy, which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes."

So, yeah. Don't sweat the small stuff.
(10-23-2021, 07:58 AM)AaronM Wrote: The secret is that it's all small stuff. 

A wise man once said that  "We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy, which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes."

So, yeah.  Don't sweat the small stuff.

I think Carl Sagan was pointing out that our planet and human beings are a very small and insignificant part of the universe. However, he didn't say we should do nothing when a pandemic occurs, and am quite confident in saying he would have supported vaccinations. In fact, he wrote about how the human population should and can survive. So, my conclusion is you just wanted to quote Sagan because you thought it might look smart, but it isn't and it's irrelevant.