Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
a more substantive disagreement about a meaningful topic
kalakoa's suggestion.
I thought I'd see what happens.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I disagree with whatever you are going to say. Big Grin
disagree with whatever

A bold, all encompassing start!
Like what the astronauts really observed while orbiting the moon, or what the cover of the Whole Earth Catalog actually encapsulated in a single image.  

Now, what if we flipped the disappointing reality, and discussed as Abraham Lincoln described it, “the better angels of our nature?”  Or break it down into something smaller, more accessible, like The Small Earth Catalog Of Substantive Meaningful Topics In Puna?
Let's discuss this :

See the fiscally constrained Big Island list of STIP projects at the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-MkdjUd...eUKCM/view

They are projecting to have enough money saved to start planning on widening highway 130 from Shower to Kaloli and adding a traffic light at Kaloli in 2026.

It will be funded by a tax on rental cars.

Look for a traffic improvement by 2030.
Nice.
" . . . on widening highway 130 from Shower to Kaloli . . ." - Obie

About the time I bought this house in 2002, I attended a meeting on this very subject where the DOT promised to begin major construction on a modern four-lane version of 130 from Keaau all the way to Pahoa within five years. So now we might get Shower to Kaloli by 2030, which I don't really believe. Let's say that by some miracle they get it done by 2032. That's only six times as long as promised and about a quarter of the distance if we include what they've already done from the transfer station to Shower. As for the price, I expect it will be exponentially larger, but who's counting?
As for the price, I expect it will be exponentially larger

Did you see it on the graph?
$140,000,000.  I have a substantive disagreement with that.
Shower to Kaloli.  One mile. 
America plans to be back on the moon by 2024 or 2025.
@HOTPE: I believe the original cost projection was about $150,000 000, Keaau-Pahoa, so my "exponential" description wasn't just hyperbola.
my "exponential" description wasn't just hyperbola.

I didn't object to your "exponential" comment - - I agree.
It was the $140 million for a mile of road I found hyperbolic!
Just plain bollocks!