Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Puna Sees Rise in Property Crimes
That may well be true. But I intend to press him.
(12-09-2021, 03:18 PM)AaronM Wrote: We don't really need to quote someone's super long post in order to reply to them.  Especially if that super long post is directly adjacent to your reply.
Thank you. First ever post for me here. I'm not sure how that even happened. 
Aloha
No worries, welcome to the club!
Mitch Roth can't do anything about what is going on !
We can't have change because that's the way we've always done it.
We only have enough money to pay the highest paid public employees in the United States.
Need jails to put these people away. Tax increase to build jails ? Campaign on that !!
(12-10-2021, 03:00 AM)Rob Tucker Wrote: That may well be true.  But  I intend to press him.

Please do.  I won't be holding my breath but I do appreciate the attempt at accountability.  

You really did hit the nail on the head in regards to the family connections.  I personally know of multiple instances of the benefits of having relations in the police department.

Pulled over for DUI?  No worries, we'll either let you drive home or park your car and drive you home.  Stolen car appears behind your house?  No problem brah, just go ditch it somewhere off Stainback.  You have a warrant and you're seen at tutus house?  It's all good cuz, keep your head down.

None of these instances are that strange to be honest.  I grew up in a small town where similar things happened.  I was even a beneficiary, twice getting warnings for speeding tickets and once for hunting out of season.

It's amplified here on the Big Island where the criminals are not only related to law enforcement but also prosecutors and judges.

Unfortunately, the onus is on the rest of us to protect ourselves.  Guns, dogs, fences, lights, padlocks, cameras, etc.  My truck has two kill switches - one for the battery and another for the fuel pump.  When I park somewhere remote, I leave the doors unlocked so the morons don't break my windows.

Good luck everyone!
(12-10-2021, 04:25 AM)Ho\oponopono Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 03:18 PM)AaronM Wrote: We don't really need to quote someone's super long post in order to reply to them.  Especially if that super long post is directly adjacent to your reply.
Thank you. First ever post for me here. I'm not sure how that even happened. 
Aloha

It is a bit confusing at first.  When you click the white REPLY button within a post you will be replying to that post and the contents of that post will be re-posted which is how your first attempt to respond to my "super long post" went.  

If you want to add to the thread without re-posting the entirety of another post, use the black NEW REPLY button located at both the at the top and bottom of the page.  Aloha.
Keep it local  Heart
(12-10-2021, 05:07 AM)AaronM Wrote: No worries, welcome to the club!
Thank You
I ordered a couple GPS trackers for my cars. The tech has gotten better and cheaper. The device is small and magnetic... runs through an app on my phone. Gives real time location and gives notification if the car leaves a set zone. Also gives notice if the rechargeable battery needs charging.

About $25

Everyone should get one.

https://family1st.io/
Ho'oponopono, also be sure to use the "Preview Post" button to view before hitting "Post Reply". This has saved me from many an error.

Just note that the preview will appear above the box that you typed in. So if you see in the preview box that you made an error, go back down to the box below and edit. Then hit "Preview Post again.

The one thing I have trouble with is the spacing. I like to have a space between each paragraph, but I notice sometimes when I'm heavily editing, the spacing does the opposite of what I want. Haven't figured that out yet...
Those GPS trackers cost $19.95/month for the service.