Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Why are so many vaccinated people getting COVID-19 lately?
Vaccinated people can still spread covid and that’s for all variants.

Vaccination is 10% biological advantage and 90% virtue signalling.
90% virtue signalling.

Sometimes you need to lure them in with the virtue signaling so they will choose the biological advantage, rescued as it were, and live to see another day:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle...e-to-drone
(01-21-2022, 01:20 AM)kalakoa Wrote: Vaccinated people can still spread covid and that’s for all variants.

Vaccination is 10% biological advantage and 90% virtue signalling.
Vaccination is neither, but I understand your intent.   The intent is wrong too.
Wrong like a mandate, or wrong like an antivaxxer?

Over in the UK, they're adopting a new COVID strategy: it's not going way, better learn to live with it.
I meant neither term actually applies literally to Covid vaccinations. Biological advantage has a specific, limited meaning, not connected to vaccination in the slightest .
Virtue signaling is crowing in public about how you're making superior choices to others. Very few, if any people get vaccinated for that purpose!
So, if I'm following correctly the implication with 90% "virtue signaling" is that the vaccines aren't really effective. That's not true in a minor way for preventing infection and egregiously wrong for preventing serious disease.

Yes, I saw that about UK and completely support moving in that direction. "Vax and chill".
it's not going way, better learn to live with it.

Kai Kahele has suggested the opposite approach.  He has a 10 point plan for more restrictions, free masks for residents, and more.  (Is somebody running for governor?)

U.S. Rep. Kai Kahele issued a 10-point plan that he said will curb the ongoing COVID surge by encouraging more people to get boosted and by improving safety in the schools and workplace.

“However, indecisiveness, lack of a statewide plan and failure to have the foresight to prepare of a resurgence of the virus and deadly variants have cost us all greatly,” said Kahele, D-Hawaii.

His plan calls for more rules requiring booster shots.
“This requirement must be in place for all in-door events to include in-door dining,” he said.
He also said travelers ― regardless of their vaccination status ― should now be tested when arriving and leaving the state.

Kahele’s plan is a rare Congressional rebuke of the governor’s COVID response.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/01/20...ein-surge/
He had Covid and brought it into the state and now he feels guilty maybe ?
(01-22-2022, 06:52 AM)Obie Wrote: He had Covid and brought it into the state and now he feels guilty maybe ?

He didnʻt get covid until Christmas of ʻ21, well into the omicron surge.  You might not like his proposed rules, but you canʻt blame him for bringing it here.
(01-22-2022, 06:52 AM)Obie Wrote: He had Covid and brought it into the state and now he feels guilty maybe ?

I miss Gil.
You left out the last sentence in the article:

But after two years of the pandemic, Moore doubts that the many in the public will accept Kahele’s strict approach.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/01/20...ein-surge/
Keep it local  Heart