Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hawaii energy rebate: up to $350 for mini split A/C
I hope that most people that live in Puna understand that during the August through mid-October season the trade winds tend to die down and those on the coast, i.e., in the sun-belt, experience very warm temperatures. It's not unusual for temperatures to get into the mid-90s with high humidity and no wind. Couple that with a tin roof you are looking at indoor temperatures of well over 100 degrees. A few years ago I recorded a temperature of over 140 degrees in my bedroom.

Now, I understand the argument against A/C, it's not very green, etc., but as AaronM mentioned, in some places it's a matter of life or death.
No judgment here. Just different experiences depending on location and health. I had no idea it got that hot anywhere around here. And I must confess, there have been many times Iʻve said, "If I had heat, it would be on."
Certainty will be the death of us.
Fair comment, but when it does get cold you can wear more clothes or wrap a blanket around yourself. That's not an option when it gets hot. I'm acclimated enough that what was a warm summer night decades ago in the UK and sleeping was a problem to now wrapping a blanket around me. But there have been one or two late summers recently when I wished for A/C.