Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hawaii energy rebate: up to $350 for mini split A/C
https://hawaiienergy.com/for-homes/rebates/hvac
(02-03-2022, 01:57 AM)terracore Wrote: https://hawaiienergy.com/for-homes/rebates/hvac

News we can use!  Mahalo terracore.  Now, what's the best deal on a larger mini split?  We are drawn to the pre-charged, self install ones.  I'll have to read the small print to see if self install qualifies for the rebate...
Keep it local  Heart
A/C? Never crossed my mind in Puna. Now when I lived in AZ, it was a matter of life and death!
Agreed, Aaron. And Iʻm also wondering about the logic of encouraging people to get AC.
"wondering about the logic of encouraging people to get AC."

So they don't buy inefficient portable or window units.

I have AC for my health and the mini splits are really cheap to operate. Gotta have an air tight insulated house to make it work.
My house is open all the time which is probably why I donʻt need AC. Love them trade winds.
Gee I'm kind of awed that here (mid-Orchidland) I have a simple home, windows open all the time, no heat, no air conditioning. Surprised that anyone really thinks air conditioning is a good idea. Here for 20 years and I wear a hoodie if it gets below 74 degrees and cannot remember a time when I was too warm at home. Perhaps not living on pavement (Hilo often feels warmer than home-mid with heat reflection) but oh well, I'm an octogenarian and being warm is a blessing. Grew up in Boston, brrr.
I live in a hot part of HPP but mostly tired of the humidity and allergies caused by pollen and mold.
(02-04-2022, 07:36 PM)Obie Wrote: I live in a hot part of HPP but mostly tired of the humidity and allergies caused by pollen and mold.
    23rd near Kaloli in HPP. We don't need ac.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
You live in the rain belt. Iive on the lower part of Makuu. The desert of HPP.l I have AC for my health mostly.