Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Largest Price increase you have seen ?
My experience is about the same. We've had extremely low interest rates and inflation for over ten years. Nothing lasts forever.
Fuel and inflation here on Hawaii the island .
Kalakoa: A trip to the grocery store used to be under $50. Now it's over $100. Tank of gas used to be around $40. Now it's over $70.

What time frame are you using to compare your prices ? If your grocery bill more than doubled recently, something else is going on. Gas prices have increased by about a third since last year, which would put a $40 tank at about $55, not over $70. In case you haven't been keeping up with the news, inflation is a world-wide problem now, not just in Hawaii.

I'm with 1voyager1 and Rob on this. The only constant is change, and railing that things are not the same as what they used to be is a waste. Like most, I've gone through several economic upheavals. I graduated college in the middle of the OPEC embargo - the problem wasn't the price of gas, the problem was that there was NO gas. Fast forward through other ups and downs to the crash of 2008, when my main source of income was a landscaping plant / orchid nursery, and income went from healthy to negative. Puna will always be affected by larger economic forces that we do not control. If you can adapt, Puna will always be one of the best places to live. If you can already see that you will be unhappy here, maybe it is time to move on.

My most recent personal sticker shock - my cat's medication went from $97 to $125, for the same number of pills.
What time frame

Since living here. The recent past is an anomaly, obviously.

If you can adapt, Puna will always be one of the best places to live.

Live isn't guaranteed -- times change, people change, any of us are one circumstance away from having to move for whatever reason. My time here was either too soon or too late; I'm thinking Puna will be a great place to retire, especially if the government matures a little.
The less we have the more we have it all..

love that line
Maybe do a bit more research before voting next time?
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
WTI was at 95.08 today .
You tell 'em Eightfingers !!! Lets hope they look outside they MSM bubble. ( And Punaweb as well : )
If the present B.$. doesn't make them wake up i don't know what will.
I’ve been posting that here for a long time, I think people may need to be reminded a little bit.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
Kodos & Kang.

What are you going to do - Vote for a third party candidate?