Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPS/FedEx Deliveries to HPP (Fenced/Gated) Property
Hello All,

Was wondering about package deliveries from various companies (Amazon, Walmart, UPS, FedEx) to HPP and how that works if you have a fenced and gated property.

Once in a while I can hear what sounds like a UPS or FedEx type truck out on the road with a short horn toot to alert the neighbors behind their locked gate that they are there with a delivery?

As of now I just have everything delivered to my PO Box in Hilo and pick it up there thinking this is the easiest and maybe most likely way I'll get my package with no problems.

Any firsthand knowledge would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Home package deliveries are hit and miss at best. Pretty much amazon only comes via USPS and only ups/fedex for those rather expensive items.
Most of time we see them and get the package from the driver, otherwise they put it over the gate. They always put it in a bag to protect from rain.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
In Leilani Estates:
My yard is fenced and gated with a mail box on the street. All package deliveries [FedEx, UPS, USPS] are hit or miss depending on size and the gate being open.
My gate is almost always open, with pkg. deliveries made to the house. If you need to close and lock your gate, go pick them up when and where available after being notified.
I use motion activated lights and warning sounds in my home to monitor activity in the driveway, and rarely close or lock the gate. I always walk out and check on driveway activity at night. People, cars, pigs and dogs will set them off. Luckily, no pigs or dogs here. Sometimes cats can set them off, day or night.

People would come into the yard to steal fruit off our trees. Adding the lights stopped that. Added the warning sounds later for additional security. Works very well. I'm happy with the setup. Even though I occasionally have to walk out and check things.
Unless you give Amazon a PO box, they ship most things via UPS. That works for me because waiting in line is one of my least favorite things in life. I can go on the UPS web site and tell them to redirect a shipment, hold it, or whatever. If I do nothing and I'm not home they put it in a plastic bag and throw it over the fence. There is an option where if I'm not at home they deliver it to Longs in Pahoa for me to pickup (at the photography counter), but I'd rather them throw it over the fence.

Walmart has shipped most things FedEx. FedEx doesn't give me the same options online saying the shipper doesn't allow it. I don't know what they would do if someone wasn't here because it hasn't happened yet.

Whatever your delivery options are, you can put your physical address on first line and PO information on the second. MOST of the time that works. Sometimes the PO at Keaau will just return to sender rather than taking 2-3 seconds to use a pen to cross out the street address they won't deliver to.

I do whatever I can to avoid getting things USPS, besides waiting in line, about half my shipments are either delayed, lost, or damaged. The problem seems to be getting progressively worse.
New from FedEx, coming soon, Picture Proof of delivery.  Good if you have multiple places they place your boxes:

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/tracking/pic...ivery.html
Dang Mr. TC saree... knock on wood, 3+ years now, no damage or even unusual lates..Even to Puerto Rico on USPS.

'e.out
(09-13-2022, 03:20 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: New from FedEx, coming soon, Picture Proof of delivery.  Good if you have multiple places they place your boxes:

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/tracking/pic...ivery.html

Looks like they are offering shippers a way to absolve themselves from claims resulting from porch pirates.
They have that here in Ohio.

Someone posted a picture on the local Facebook group of the proof of delivery.
It wasn't her house ! It was the County Sherriff's barn.
I had a TV that was delivered there by Amazon last year and they had a picture too.

It's an anomaly in addresses . From 0 to 699 is one location. From 1000 up is a place that's miles away.
The sheriff's barn is on a private lane that's a mile away from the street name but everyone who uses GPS in any form, ends up there.