Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freezing way over here in Kansas
WOW! It is so darn cold here! Never ever will I complain about a little warm rain in Puna! I miss Kapoho so much where I can walk out on my deck in the morning and it feels chilly at 68 degrees at 6 AM!! Hope to be back Wed maybe thursday - we are flying space available so keep fingers crossed! I just had to get on here and see how you all were doing cuz did I mention I am absolutely freezing and everything is so brown here!

We got here after the hellish USAirways flight on Friday night - well Saturday morning from KOA at 4 AM (4 horus late) through Phoeniz (wait 7 hours cuz missed connection see previous) to Wichita! (Be advised that USairways flight from/to KOA has been delayed many times in the last few weeks - there are times when saving a few dollars just isnt worth it!!)

What are you doing in Kansas? Which part of Kansas? Shouldn't you put on your ruby slippers and click your heels together three times? I think you gotta chant "there's no place like home" while you do it, though.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
Absolutely not! The ruby slippers technique was developed and designed specifically for returning to Kansas. To avoid misuse, Wiz Industries instituted a safeguard. If the technique is initiated from within Kansas, the offending user is automatically redirected to the exercise yard in Leavenworth Penitentiary. Please use discretion and caution when recommending this technique.

S. FL Islander to be
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
I did do it but it was my pink flojo slippahs. it did work though! We made it home from Wichita. (Usairways was on time surprisingly!)

It felt so good to fly into Hilo as the sun set...I was truly reminded there is no place like home. Woke up to a warm breezy morning in Kapoho! Lucky we live Hawaii!

PS. Boy I Like that $23 Kona/Hilo flight!
You can fly to Kona from Hilo for $23? Now if there was just some sort of transportation system from the airport to Costco, we could fly to Kona, go to Costco and then fly home again and save loads of driving time and probably be cheaper on gas, as well! Ha!

Kurt Wilson
Hotzcatz, gotta remember to add the time through security, unless it is an airline that doesn't use the main terminal, so now you're back to about the same time & money AND no free parking at the airport AND maybe even no parking at the airport.
Aloha, Carey

Hotcatz - maybe wouldnt work for Cost Co because Island Air also had a size limit on luggage but for a mainland flight into Kona and no one having to come over to pick us up it was the best! Had just enough time to use lua, get a soda and go back though security check. Perfect!
Hmm, well, then we'd have to catch the bus to the airport, fly to Kona, catch a bus to Costco, not get much because of airline weight restrictions and then.... Well, so much for flying to Kona to shop at Costco.

How about the bus? Would it work using the bus?

Kurt Wilson
What about the pink flojo slippahs?

S. FL Islander to be
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.