Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Astronomy in Hawaii under threat?
casual bigotry

Just because you don't like an accurate description of an event doesn't make someone a bigot.  Especially when race, creed, or color wasn't even mentioned.  Many Native Hawaiians work at the non-polluting observatories.  Nuevo-Haole-Hippies drove their old pickups to the protest.

how I know your Haole?

Because I know when to use you're and your, but generally don't correct someone because, what does it really matter?
Thank You Hawaii EV for joining this forum.

Please ask your friends to come over as well.

most sincerely,
'elepaio

Just for laughs . South Park.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw4C-xN4Wgc
You don’t have to mention race, creed or color to be a bigot. We know who you are, you made that clear. Amazingly you claim to have lived here for decades but still think like you do, even willing to share on a public forum as a representation of all that is wrong with this situation. It’s one thing to argue like I have been with people here about topics they disagree, tying to constructively and rationally hope for a shared understanding. It’s another thing just to throw out statements which only serve to marginalize and deride. Serves no purpose, certainly not helping shed a good light on this forum and the click in residence.

The PR campaign continues. Haoles that hate the people who were here when they arrived and the intolerant scientist who accepts no understanding beyond his own.
Haoles that hate the people who were here when they arrived

You make an incredible number of assumptions, and from there take a leap of illogic.
I’ve worked along side Native Hawaiian people for over 30 years.  In my business I had hard working, dedicated Hawaiian suppliers and wonderful friendly Hawaiian customers.  If they read what you wrote about me, they’d get a good laugh.
You aren’t the only member of the PR campaign, don’t assume your bigoted statements are out there alone, they aren’t.
don’t assume your bigoted statements are out there alone

...says the poster who brought up bigotry in the first place, manufactured conflict, faux outrage.

Please find something better do to with your time. I did.
I think it's best Rob just closes this thread but not delete it. Despite attempts to keep it on topic, i.e., about bill 2024 and the potential harm it might do, one or two people here still don't get it.
Yes, bill 2024 would damage astronomy. As far as I can tell, that's the whole point. But the telescopes have been adopted as a symbol by too many groups, making substantive discussion impossible.
(04-12-2022, 07:17 AM)TomK Wrote: I think it's best Rob just closes this thread..

The loss of control is a bitch, eh?
Bawahaha ...MM ..so true.

Me thinks its time for TomK to bust out the markers and posterboard. SAVE TMT... and my job. Maybe HOTPE can join for some actual street level, face time with the local Hawaiians.

That Pahoa Circle gets lots of attention here.