Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to stay in Kona?
Looks like I need to spend a couple nights in Kona in early May.  Business trip.

Any ideas on a reasonable place to stay without massive resort and cleaning fees?

Mahalo in advance.
We used to stay at Kona Seaside Hotel as they had a pretty good Kamaaina rate, but we heard they went up in price after a recent remodel. ?
No idea. King Kam was always the affordable place to stay but since it was taken over by Marriot it's become far too expensive. Without actual dates or your budget, it's a bit difficult to help.
Even Uncle Billy's and the Seaside rates have doubled. Have you thought about camping?
Room rates with fees have a couple night running $450 to $600 which is nuts. Yes I am giving camping a thought. I can buy a lot of camping gear for that kind of money.
Right? Or rent a van.
I wonder if vacation rentals have gone up as much as hotels?
We have stayed with friends of my cousin who own "Ah Paradise" in Captain Cook. It was beautiful and quite reasonable. I don't know if they are still in operation, but you might have a look.

I also saw a private room on airbnb for $250 for two nights in Kona.
We wanted to do a few days in Kona for a stay vacation. We checked the hotels and there was nothing under $500.00 a night when you include taxes and assorted "fees". We decided to just drive back home every night for 3 days.
Manago Hotel in Capt Cook now $82 + 15% tax, with private bath.