Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BJ for Governor?
She's the one with the political ambitions, BJ just does what he's told.
I'm actually an MMA fan and he was one of the greatest ever but that being said I sure hope he doesn't make it.  Not at all impossible though.  Wasn't WWF wrestler Jessie "The Body" Ventura elected in Minnesota?
I'm not sure it's about whether a professional fighter can become a governor, I think it's more about whether you want someone in that position who has a pretty bad criminal history which includes violence.
Can a Governor for the state of Hawaii have a criminal record?
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Are there any politicians who aren’t criminals? More importantly do you all believe in redemption and forgiveness? What does Green offer?
I'd say BJ doesn't have a chance, but then we all said that about Bernard Akana. Although, unlike Bernard, if BJ gets close there's so much dirt out there he'll be drowned in his own transgressions.

Besides, as randomq pointed out, he's just doing what his mama wants, so I doubt he can muster the gumption needed to overcome all the obstacles in front of him. It ain't like his campaign manager (I am assuming it's Lorraine) has been able to gain any traction as a political operative regardless of how hard she has tried. So why would it be any different now? But hey, if he hangs in there a bit it'll be great tv. Though I am imagining on par with his last few fights regardless.
Compare/contrast with Sharon Har's "unfortunate" DUI, for which she will not be punished, despite making false statements (on bodycam footage, shown on the news) about her poor judgement.
(04-22-2022, 03:16 AM)HawaiiEV Wrote: Are there any politicians who aren’t criminals? More importantly do you all believe in redemption and forgiveness? What does Green offer?

I suspect most politicians don't have criminal records and for those that do, and continue their criminal activity, then it's hard to do the forgiveness thing. As for redemption, then it's up to the politician to do that with their god or whatever it is they want redemption from.
Here’s a couple of video clips of him on Joe Rogan yesterday…

https://youtu.be/Z_bECQOJ7yQ

https://youtu.be/kxOG3kpLmYw
From the video clip above:

“Hawaii… it’s a landlocked state.”
Well, surfing was not his sport.