Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keaau high school child molestation
It seems the auto shop teacher at keaau high school has been sleeping with his students for decades, admin had been made aware of it years ago and did nothing. I don’t think they can cover it up now.. really proud of the former student that has come forward, very well written letter, hopefully more will do so now. “Everyone knew” horrible
Where did you get this information?
Jon in Keaau/HPP
She sent the letter to almost everyone at the school and admin. It’s now making its way around social media, most people in the community are aware at this point. Figured you all might be out of the loop so I thought I would share here. Hopefully you will be reading news articles about it shortly because she shared it with the news too. The teacher has not been in school since the weekend. After speaking with many at the school and those who knew him personally it seems no one is surprised and lots suspected. The admin was informed in 2017 and did nothing, she has really worked hard to get it out now and the letter is clearly sincere and true, her trauma continues everyday. Most found it suspicious that the most attractive girls in school were in the auto shop class, not usually the ones you expect in such a course and he has been observed sexually harassing them on numerous occasions, grooming and playing up egos. It’s a sick situation, these young girls were vulnerable and he took advantage of it. I don’t see the appeal but I guess the lifted truck and prestige was very attractive to the girls he was using.
I don't want to come across as blaming the victim, but why is she posting letters on social media instead of engaging with the police and/or prosecutors? It's not hard for me to believe that the administration at that particular school would turn a blind eye to her situation, given the history of the place. Despite Kea'au High being in one of it's better (comparatively speaking) stretches when Little Chunkchen was due to pass through there, the Frau and I chose to carpool her to Hilo High. KHS has had its ups and downs over the years, mostly downs, and if this is true, they may have hit yet another low.
That’s exactly what you are doing and making things up. She never posted it on social media and she has tried to contact the police about it. It was ignored. What she did now was find every teacher and administrators emails as well as news to make it spread, she is very brave and this is the right course of action given the unfortunate reaction to her perusing regular channels before. Every person I’ve spoken to at the school has confirmed the story fits the evidence of his behavior. She is not the only one.
Every person I’ve spoken to at the school has confirmed the story fits the evidence 

The best outcome is that the DA reviews the evidence, and if warrented the person is charged.  Then, you realize the court needs a jury of his peers who are unfamiliar with the case, or are 100% certain they can put aside any preconcieved notions they may have about the charges.

Will discussion on social media help or hinder those efforts?
It’s the only thing that has worked so far… all that’s happening is the spread of the letter.

Like I said most are aware of it now which is what a situation like this spanning decades needs. Light.

I’m not understanding the response here, you either want the issue brought to light and investigated or you don’t. I would expect that she is supported in her efforts as I’ve observed by tens of school teachers and hundreds of concerned community members. I support her heartily in her efforts whatever means may be necessary. She has grown to be a clearly intelligent and capable woman despite what happened to her in school, I prey for the best result possible not just for her but the others.
I am going to caution all posters here to discuss this without naming names or making direct or implied accusations of criminal conduct against individuals.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
No need for that, her name and the accused shop teacher are in the letter.
If this is true, then charges against this teacher need to get rolling. And, charges against any school official who ignored the situation and/or firing of same. So, we wait to hear the evidence.
Jon in Keaau/HPP