Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to stay in Kona?
I hadn't even thought about the tourist factor, I stay home most of the time. Good to know. Unfortunately I won't be getting there till afternoon. I guess I can get up early the next day and get some in before check out.

Thanks for all the extra info Kiana. Much appreciated.
Hilton Waikaloa  just posted Kamaaina rates available for the end of April and all of May for under $300.00 a night "including" all taxes and fee's

https://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/ka...G83jKaC-_k
Hilton Waikaloa. Wow, there's an experience I'd rather forget.
I enjoyed their waterfall pool last year. Haven't stayed in the hotel; what's wrong with it aside from cost?
It's Disneyland. Not officially any more, but still Disneyland.
Certainty will be the death of us.
I like to go and stroll around the grounds now and then. You couldn't even get on the property of a place like that on the mainland.

I've never done it, but they have a day pass for the pool for $30. Seems like a good way to spend the day.
If you have kids it’s wonderful.. they validate parking if you eat and drink.
(04-29-2022, 07:02 AM)randomq Wrote: I enjoyed their waterfall pool last year. Haven't stayed in the hotel; what's wrong with it aside from cost?
Good question.  I love the grounds, the pools, the artwork on display.  Quite the pleasant fantasy land for both adults and kids.
I don't want to begrudge people their fantasies. My problem with Hilton Waikoloa is that, except for the exceptionally fine sunsets, everything there is fake. So fantasy land it is. Fake Hawaii.
It’s just a resort, not sure I would call it fake Hawaii. Sure people visiting from the mainland aren’t experiencing a real beach, but not sure I would prefer them being on the real beach. A lot of people on this side who live in the real Hawaii everyday enjoy a staycation there, especially for the kids.