Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the new Dominos in Pahoa is open
(10-16-2022, 04:57 AM)Obie Wrote: I'm getting a kick counting the number of deliveries coming to the bottom of Macuu.
Can't miss that illuminated sign on the roof.
I wonder how that works for the drivers.  Do they use their own car and get mileage money or use a vehicle supplied by Dominos?

Crap job, either way.  I'm surprised they're finding people willing to do it.  Must be the big bucks!   Big Grin
(10-17-2022, 04:15 AM)Durian Fiend Wrote: I wonder how that works for the drivers.  Do they use their own car and get mileage money or use a vehicle supplied by Dominos?

Crap job, either way.  I'm surprised they're finding people willing to do it.  Must be the big bucks!   Big Grin

Looking at some of the Dominos job adverts, you need to use your own car:

"Requires Valid driver's license with safe driving record meeting company standards. Access to an insured vehicle that can be used for delivery."

You get reimbursed for gas and phone expenses if you have any. It doesn't say if you get reimbursed for mileage, perhaps you have to do that via the IRS, I don't know. It seems you can choose what type of shift you can work and the pay appears to be anything from the minimum wage to $25/30 an hour + tips. You get a 401K and health insurance but am not sure what the coverage is.

I can see it as a job that a young kid looking to make their way into the job market might consider as long as they have a car or someone who is just trying to make ends meet.
(10-17-2022, 08:36 AM)TomK Wrote: Looking at some of the Dominos job adverts, you need to use your own car:

"Requires Valid driver's license with safe driving record meeting company standards. Access to an insured vehicle that can be used for delivery."

You get reimbursed for gas and phone expenses if you have any. It doesn't say if you get reimbursed for mileage, perhaps you have to do that via the IRS, I don't know. It seems you can choose what type of shift you can work and the pay appears to be anything from the minimum wage to $25/30 an hour + tips. You get a 401K and health insurance but am not sure what the coverage is.

I can see it as a job that a young kid looking to make their way into the job market might consider as long as they have a car or someone who is just trying to make ends meet.
Thanks Tom.  $25-30 an hour sounds pretty darned good.  Good idea to hand out generous tips for the drivers.  Perhaps not so much if they're pulling up in a brand new Range Rover or 4Runner.  Undecided
I had the gluten free pizza and it was really good. Its not safe for those with an actual wheat allergy.

I am so happy to be able to have pizza again, very tasty.

Also the mushrooms where fresh, not canned. Which made me extra happy. lol
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Let's not kill off Boogie Woogie Pizza in old town. They are barely hanging on.
We already lost NY Pizza, and they were good.
Let's keep old town Pahoa alive.
I tried Boogie Woogie twice. What can I say I'd rather eat a frozen pizza. I guess it's possible I got them on bad days, years apart.

NY was good but their inconsistent hours made it difficult to give them money.
(10-18-2022, 01:49 AM)dayna Wrote: I had the gluten free pizza and it was really good. Its not safe for those with an actual wheat allergy.

I am so happy to be able to have pizza again, very tasty.

Also the mushrooms where fresh, not canned. Which made me extra happy. lol
Dominos ???  The mushrooms were FRESH?!?!  This from a national chain is absolutely astonishing and says a lot about this location. Letting you know that this is an informed statement. Over 30 years ago when things were a little simpler and cheaper, I worked at the biggest pizza chain and separately near the same time managed a competitor's store for several years. Canned mushrooms were the norm.
The corporate zombies know no bounds.

The best pizza I've had in Puna was from the food truck at Uncle Roberts.
(10-18-2022, 01:49 AM)dayna Wrote: I had the gluten free pizza and it was really good. Its not safe for those with an actual wheat allergy.
Why is that (not safe), because they’re cooked on same surface as wheat pizzas?
Asking for a friend.
The best pizza I've had in Puna (or anywhere else) was from the illegal pizza joint in the Acres, may it rest in peace.