Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP Zoning/Commercial Enterprises
I notice that there are nurseries, and a few other businesses in HPP. Are business permitted in homes in HPP?

Glen, When you ask, are business permitted, do you mean will anyone do anything if you have one, or do you mean is there a permit, or do you mean have the lots changed zoning? Most lots in HPP are zoned AG, so nursery use is to the zoning. The mini-storages, churches, schools, car repairs & trucking firms that I have checked are on Ag zoned property. The county has had a couple of discussions about changing zoning to reflect use (mainly in regards to Hilo proper, where there are some expensive subdivisions on AG-1), but they have yet to do anything. (hopefully this answers all of the ??)
Aloha, Carey

I am talking about running a hair salon or law office (!!) out of your house.

Legally you need a "Special Use Permit" if the property is not appropriately zoned.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

I think there are a lot more businesses out there than people report and/or register with the county. Treat your neighbors with consideration and respect, and you'd be shocked at what you might get away with. Glen, I know from your prior posts that you are a straight shooter kinda guy, but if my wife wanted to do nails here instead of downtown Hilo, we'd just do it.

I believe there are businesses or professions that may legally be operated from one's home. They involve no more than one employee and a severe limit on the traffic.

A good example might be an accountant or engineer who works from home. It is covered in the zoning code under "business and professions" (I think).
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Thanks, Rob, and all. It's probably been said before, but there is something very engaging and special about this community.

quote:
I am talking about running a hair salon or law office (!!) out of your house.

I Love It!!!! hair salon/law firm is perfect!!! Why not ,right? Glen, what kinda law will you practice?

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
If you didn't like the haircut you could get the lawyer to sue for you!

Glen, if you get sleezy and go into personal injury I could be your trusty assistant. I have 18 years experience as a litigation examiner for major insurance compaines. That seems to be the new trend, adjusters working for pltf attorneys. In the insurance industry we call it "going to the dark side". Suppossedly it sullies your reputation and you will never work as an insurance adjuster again!

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
Not a hair salon COMBINED with a law firm, and frankly, I am probably too lazy to sit for the Hawaii bar. My partner may want to cut a little hair.

I may have the cart before the horse, here, as we do not live in Puna yet! I am just trying these visions on for size. : )