Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Opihi Picking
This sure seems to be a fatal occupation:

[/url][url=https://bigislandnow.com/2023/07/30/police-searching-for-missing-opihi-picker/]UPDATE: Divers searching for missing opihi picker find male body; positive identification pending : Big Island Now

Search ends for Pāhoa woman reported missing on Sunday while picking ‘opihi : Big Island Now

One dead one missing in two weeks?

Something sure smells fishy!

ETA: Could this be considered one of those "dead end corporate jobs?"
(08-03-2023, 05:25 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: This sure seems to be a fatal occupation:

[/url][url=https://bigislandnow.com/2023/07/30/police-searching-for-missing-opihi-picker/]UPDATE: Divers searching for missing opihi picker find male body; positive identification pending : Big Island Now

Search ends for Pāhoa woman reported missing on Sunday while picking ‘opihi : Big Island Now

Fishy?

You MUST be new here, sugar.

Or else I gotta get better at spotting the trolls...
Ka'u Crater Boys, Opihi Man, Lyrics:

Opihi man in the sun, opihi man grab your bag and RUN!
Opihi man, another swell, is coming your way.
(08-03-2023, 05:25 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: This sure seems to be a fatal occupation:

This post is one of the worst I have seen on Punaweb. One person dead, and another missing and most likely dead...let's make some jokes about it! Disgusting.

Have some respect and consideration that those opihi pickers' family and/or friends might be on Punaweb.
Wahine

Lead by example
(08-03-2023, 11:24 AM)AaronM Wrote: Fishy?

You MUST be new here, sugar.

Or else I gotta get better at spotting the trolls...

I’ll say you need to get a whole lot better at a lot of things! Mostly life. 

I must say being a newcomer to Puna Web that stands out with quite a few of the Puna Web posters is this almost fanatical need to question the longevity a person has lived here. 

But that in no way changes the fact that my husband and I have lived here on the Big Island for the last 33 years to be exact. 

But I do find this “king of the hill” mentality of who was born here vs how long someone has lived here to be very childish to say the least. 

The “you can’t do or say that cause I’ve been here longer than you have” mindset is based in racism and bigotry and I see some posters here on Puna Web thrive on that

And again, your obsession with terms of your love of me is beginning to make me wonder if I am being stalked by some high school dropout incel.
33 years and you're just now learning how dangerous Opihi picking is?  

B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.
(08-03-2023, 08:45 PM)AaronM Wrote: 33 years and you're just now learning how dangerous Opihi picking is?  

B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.

At least you dropped the sexist misogynist name calling! 

Show me when in the last 33 years where there have been back to back in 2 short weeks where opihi pickers found dead or missing. 

Nothing in my post suggests when I learned about opihi picking being dangerous. 

And yes, you are well versed in absolute bullshit.
King Tides July 31-August 1st but would be building still prior. Not too much effect on surface, a little more pull / surge though.

Then the 1 in every 1000 waves too. These guys know this already for sure.
Look where the puddles and salt is.

5'10" 145 .. He had to be pretty fit too .. Ugh .. Sorry.

Keeping it classy as always H.Julie.
Not that anyone gave me indication for responding to my previous post........

Quoting my favorite Hawaiian band was NOT a joke. I feel for the families of anyone effected by the death of someone picking opihi off the rocks of the crashing shores where they tend to grow.

I was just pointing out, this stuff is dangerous, and life (and death) happens.
(08-03-2023, 08:57 PM)HiloJulie Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 08:45 PM)AaronM Wrote: 33 years and you're just now learning how dangerous Opihi picking is?  

B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.

At least you dropped the sexist misogynist name calling! 

Show me when in the last 33 years where there have been back to back in 2 short weeks where opihi pickers found dead or missing. 

Nothing in my post suggests when I learned about opihi picking being dangerous. 

And yes, you are well versed in absolute bullshit

Blah blah blah.  Your original post says it all.  "Something sure smells fishy".

2 deaths in 2 weeks isn't "fishy", it's tragic.

Put your tinfoil hat away and stop being such a bimbo!