Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
MK controversy thread
Did you see Gary and Volcano resident Albert Saijo at their beat reading in Cymbidium Acres in early 2000?  It was an unforgettable event.

No I didn't. And feel the loss.. though I too have been reading Gary's work for a good portion of this life.. and recall a lecture he gave in which he broke down the different Native American languages and compared each to their cultural practices. Their arts, their development as societies. It was very interesting, comparing the structures of a language, because our first language creates neural pathways, structures, that stay with us for life and thus create our unique views, and how we experience our live's. The difference between one language and another can be little, or, as I suspect between English and Hawaiian, vast.
(03-15-2024, 07:47 PM)MyManao Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 07:46 AM)TomK Wrote: most reasonable people won't conclude that I am the reason the TMT won't be built here.

Ah, but you, and all those that think like you, are. You can take that one to the bank brah. Your attitude, your sense of superiority, of entitlement, has kept you blind.

Please tell everyone how I think, how you know what I think, and how you know that others think the same way I do. Are you psychic, Mr Straw Man? I note that at the beginning of this thread, you tried to tie my thinking to an ex-president who, even if you claim you know how I think, is wrong.
(03-16-2024, 02:28 AM)MyManao Wrote: Hey Edge, it sounds like you're looking for a role model.. and in all honesty I can assure you it ain't me. 

That's good advice for HOTPE and anyone else, but it's likely most here know it already.
(03-16-2024, 03:50 AM)MyManao Wrote: Did you see Gary and Volcano resident Albert Saijo at their beat reading in Cymbidium Acres in early 2000?  It was an unforgettable event.

No I didn't. And feel the loss.. though I too have been reading Gary's work for a good portion of this life.. and recall a lecture he gave in which he broke down the different Native American languages and compared each to their cultural practices. Their arts, their development as societies. It was very interesting, comparing the structures of a language, because our first language creates neural pathways, structures, that stay with us for life and thus create our unique views, and how we experience our live's. The difference between one language and another can be little, or, as I suspect between English and Hawaiian, vast.

When, during your self proclaimed vast learning of various languages, did you learn that when faced with a female that you may disagree with, your immediate response is to refer to them as “a pet”, “baby” or a “dog?”

Try calling some beautiful Hawaiian Auntie a “dog” and let’s see what happens!
“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama
(03-15-2024, 07:17 AM)MyManao Wrote: TomK...

And the saddest part is you'll never understand that it is you, and your holier than thou attitude, your utter lack of humility, that is the reason the TMT is never going to be built here.

Though I am happy to see you've picked up a new pet. I wonder how long she'll last?

(03-16-2024, 06:46 AM)TomK Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 07:47 PM)MyManao Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 07:46 AM)TomK Wrote: most reasonable people won't conclude that I am the reason the TMT won't be built here.

Ah, but you, and all those that think like you, are. You can take that one to the bank brah. Your attitude, your sense of superiority, of entitlement, has kept you blind.

Please tell everyone how I think, how you know what I think, and how you know that others think the same way I do. Are you psychic, Mr Straw Man? I note that at the beginning of this thread, you tried to tie my thinking to an ex-president who, even if you claim you know how I think, is wrong.
You know, asking someone if they're from California is just begging for some serious character assassination.
Agreed, but it wasn't really a question. He's said he's from California on the Art Bell radio show. Now, some might argue that whatever was said on that show, by anyone, was complete bollox but it's out there publicly so either it's true or he was lying.
TomK reminds me of Carlos' description of Don Juan's Petty Tyrant.. 

https://www.castaneda.com/resolving-conf...ty-tyrants

Though he's getting pretty long in the tooth.. and hasn't much bite anymore..

But hey, he tries.
(03-17-2024, 06:58 PM)MyManao Wrote: TomK reminds me of Carlos' description of Don Juan's Petty Tyrant.. 

https://www.castaneda.com/resolving-conf...ty-tyrants

Though he's getting pretty long in the tooth.. and hasn't much bite anymore..

But hey, he tries.

Leave it to you to suggest that a peyote tripping, later deemed to be a literary quack and even a sexual predator would have some purpose:

Today Castaneda is dismissed as a hoaxer, a fraud, a sexual predator, a cult leader andmaybe a psychopath. His books continue to sell, but his academic credibility is zero, and his style of mysticism has gone out of fashion. The questions he faced haven’t vanished, however, and the answers which he gave supply a warning.”

https://thecritic.co.uk/castaneda-the-sorcerer/

But you tried.
“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama
(03-17-2024, 07:40 PM)HiloJulie Wrote: Leave it to you to suggest..

Gee, you're rabid, hey?

Really, it's all attack.. bark, growl, attack, with you. No wonder Tom chose a spiked collar.. which, as I have noted looks stunning on you. Perfect.

It's sad you haven't any actual content, actually something to say. I referenced.. who cares.. the thoughts are spot on. Tom is a charlatan. A wannabe, and he's got you drunk on his Koolaid. He loves.. he makes his fortunes at being an asshole. He claims to be a scientist when in fact he's an emotional basket case. He doesn't have an analytical bone in his body. At least not here, where he asks how does anyone know him but forgets with his gazillions of posts we all know him. Clearly.

Now, if you want to talk about the role of petty tyrants in our lives, or how our first language shapes our perceptions, or the struggles of the Hawaiian people and their use of civil disobedience as a tool to nudge things their way, great. Otherwise.. I hope your's is a great day. But please don't expect me to play.
(03-17-2024, 08:52 PM)MyManao Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 07:40 PM)HiloJulie Wrote: Leave it to you to suggest..

Gee, you're rabid, hey?

Really, it's all attack.. bark, growl, attack, with you. No wonder Tom chose a spiked collar.. which, as I have noted looks stunning on you. Perfect.

It's sad you haven't any actual content, actually something to say. I referenced.. who cares.. the thoughts are spot on. Tom is a charlatan. A wannabe, and he's got you drunk on his Koolaid. He loves.. he makes his fortunes at being an asshole. He claims to be a scientist when in fact he's an emotional basket case. He doesn't have an analytical bone in his body. At least not here, where he asks how does anyone know him but forgets with his gazillions of posts we all know him. Clearly.

Ahh. The misogynist in you comes alive once again!

As I said before, most men use misogynist terms when they have no intellectual point to make and they have realized their penis is very small. 

At any event, you brought up a peyote tripping sexual predator literary quack. I fail to see how me making that point makes me the rabid attack dog your misogynistic brain declares that I am.

— Barack Obama