Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild windy weather
We just got our power back on here in central HPP after a three hour outage. Lots of stuff flying around in the wind, including the top of one of our trees, which fortunately didn't land on anything or anybody. Hope nobody had any serious damage.

Cheers,
Jerry

Wow, Jerry. If you look out the window and see a witch on a broomstick, please evacuate.

I have a big banana tree across the hood of my truck. No damage. But it took quite a wind to knock that over.

....and some people asked why I spent all that money running my power and utility lines underground..... Smile

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I was going to comment on the weather. All morning into mid-afternoon in Volcano, it was misty, windy, liquid sunshiny... quite damp. When I drove down to Hilo in the afternoon, I could see that the clouds were only engulfing Volcano and probably south into Ka'u. Hilo was gorgeous! Warm and sunny, but breezy. Maunas Kea and Loa were nearly absolutely clear... in the afternoon, at that! When I drove home near 6pm, the maunas were still clear and I could see the cloud bank with a wind shear ('zat right?) flattening the top from Volcano off to the east. I think there was a small lenticular cloud over Mauna Loa. When I got home, the clouds were just covering the Volcano area.

Edited by - Les C on 01/29/2007 19:19:51
No 2 ways about it. Underground utilities are nice. Unless something happens down-stream to interrupt electricity and/or phone service.