Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hawaii Decarbonization Settlement 2045
"Haha for sure! If you have a room full of pakalolo, that's probably a rule you have, CO2 notwithstanding."

Let me clarify that!

That was approved and security cleared humans! The wall of "heavy" AND heavily armed "security guards" guaranteed you were authorized to be there. 

If you weren't authorized, I am pretty sure it would end up being a "next of kin" notification thing!
 approved and security cleared humans

All too often it's the very people with the highest security clearances that disappoint us the most.

But I hear ya.  Maybe more pot growers should be like your friends.  There does seem to be a great deal of dissent though among growers and large companies that profit from it.  Here is one.

Photosynthesis
Carbon dioxide breathes life
Green leaves drink sunlight
There is a house in Leilani that has several steam vents in the front and side yards, maybe 50 feet from the house.
-------------
A friend in Leilani had a hot spring. The constant stream of 120+ degree water was used to provide heat to a hot tub, using a uniquely designed system with a small solar powered, temperature controlled pump system. It provided about 3-4 gallons per minute of water. The big quake disrupted the flow somehow underground and it has never come back.
A friend in Leilani had a hot spring. The constant stream of 120+ degree water was used to provide heat to a hot tub

There is a place on Kamaili Road that has a similar setup with about 8-10 tubs of various shapes and sizes that can accommodate 1-5 people.  

Puna's shifting springs
Pele's heart beats, waters warm
Seekers know the way
HiloJulie - when you consider virtually everything else that this deity has done is more or less the most destructive forces ever unleashed on mankind, including belching tons of CO2 into the air?
leilanidude - Pele has a terrible carbon footprint, what with those gasses and all

Dense bricks pack tightly,
blocking light out, echoes in,
a dull monument.

punatang - Puna has smaller boxes that generate CO2 so that da kine grows better.

CO2 in box
gives green. In air, gives fire, smoke.
Hot-box? No, hot box!

MM/FC - Orca, the first plant, captures around 4,000 tons.

Forty billion tons,
yearly emissions versus
Four thousand ton plant.

Need 10 million plants,
Costs 10 million to build each,
One hundred trillion.

The World GDP:
One hundred trillion. Need all
to handle one year.

All these long shot techs,
will have a role to play, but
math ain't mathin', yet

When bathtub o'erflows,
Turn off faucet first, before
bailing with thimbles. :)
Come on now ironyak!

I would expect so much better from you!

Orca was last years news. Todays news is Mammoth

But I do like the promise that this technology can bring.
Orca's math easy,
but Mammoth about the same.
No can see? No sweat.

Forty billion tons,
yearly emissions versus
~Forty K ton plant.

Need 1 million plants,
Min cost: 100 mil each,
So one hundred tril.

Ten times the draw down,
With at least ten times the cost,
End of day, same same.

Math still a'int mathin'.
Better to not make mess, than
find magic vacuum.
Damn that Henry Ford!

Why did he waste all that time and just not invent the Tesla in 1908?

At any event, now that you point out that the costs of carbon capture are just too expensive, I am no longer feeling a bit guilty of jetting off to Vegas and back with my husband this past weekend as invited guests to see the very last Beatles Love Show on Sunday!

And it was a balmy 120 degrees!

Cars were gas, electric, wood, alcohol in those days.
There’s a conspiracy theory that the Rockefeller’s and Standard Oil helped pass Prohibition to do away with the competition for powering cars, alcohol.  (Hearst fought against hemp as it competed with his vast forest holdings for paper, but it burned nicely too)(It was a complicated era, when robber barons pushed their weight around with abandon.  Honor among thieves, wealthy thieves, as long as the plundering benefited the participants in a particular scheme.)

Electric cars were already on the scene well before 1908.  In fact, by 1900 almost 1/3 of cars on the road were electric. Porsche even had one out.

What if we tried something different?  The first US plant for these is supposed to be in Hawaii. 

Whisper makani
Air-powered wheels spin freely
Clean breeze drives Puna home