Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Know Your a Punatic Wannabeeee when......
you don't have any slippah's shoes allowed indoors....you use your slippah's everywhere outdoors....even driving....i'm already growing bananas, heliconia's, cannas, palms in my area (zone denial) , already using exotic sauces, spices in my kitchen arsenal to do stir fry's, bbq's, stews and of course local jaunts to our favorite Ohana grill or L & L restaurant in northern california....worse i only wear aloha shirts to all the parties i go too!

noel

Would Berkenstocks count as slippah? Or do they have to have the center post through the toe? Every Friday should be an "Aloha Friday", even on the mainland. I think all the woman should also wear a Haiku.(Haku) seen it spelled both ways.

"From knowledge comes understanding"
Oh my... not a wannabe anymore, but funny thoughts!

Husband Pete has a wonderful collection of very nice aloha shirts hanging in his side of the closet, and used to wear only them to work at Apple in the Bay Area before we moved here. Unfortunately, it's not what the chic nursery owner wears very often. I predict your collection will last for years!

When we lived in Sunnyvale, we had gingers, tree ferns, proteas and such growing in our back yard. Seems we always had to push the envelope wherever we lived -- always plants that were just a little iffy whether we were living in W. Washington or Sunnyvale!

Let's see... now I own 2 pairs of slippers of various ages, garden sloggers, a pair of mud boots, one pair of "normal" sandals, and 1 pair of light hiking shoes. Haven't worn a business suit or owned a pair of "pumps" in years! Free those toes!

Jane

this is soo sick....when i get to work, i usually read punaweb before i read any of my business emails....

When it is starting to get cold and you pull out the winter clothes and realize that your husband has only 3 chamois shirts but 15 aloha shirts,very nice but not to warm when it is 20 degress out.When your first stop online is punaweb and the only paper you read is Hilo's online.

In Chico, CA every Friday is Aloha Friday! Part of Oregon and Washington have established this same custom, to encourage casual business days and atire!

Isn't Haiku poetry? Wouldn't cover up enough for me! LOL

You wish you were at every party you read about! You yearn to do beach cleanup, or Puna Christmas Parade, or help with someones project that you might have a talent for. When the moon is full and the kites are a flyin and you wish you were there!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
quote:
In Chico, CA every Friday is Aloha Friday! Part of Oregon and Washington have established this same custom, to encourage casual business days and atire!

Isn't Haiku poetry? Wouldn't cover up enough for me! LOL

You wish you were at every party you read about! You yearn to do beach cleanup, or Puna Christmas Parade, or help with someones project that you might have a talent for. When the moon is full and the kites are a flyin and you wish you were there!

mella l

A Haku is a round floral hair piece, fits on top of the head. http://www.tydelhawaii.com/haku.html

Lei Haku right? Or is it Haku Lei? Very perty.

Carrie

"All I can say about life is, Oh God, enjoy it." Bob Newhart

Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
You know ypur a Punatic Wannabeeee when.....

You have a Thong Line... and they're on your feet!

LOL David....can't wait to show everyone my thong line at the remote punaweb party - thats too funny!