Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out my Christmas Lights in HPP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4jVQyEoVgM

I am really into my Christmas lights and want to share them with anyone who drives by.

I sequenced a total of 7 songs to my Christmas lights. To hear the music when you come by, tune to 106.7 MHz on your FM radio. Lights are on between 6:15pm to 9:45pm (time may be changed to 6pm to 9:30pm when it gets dark earlier).

Down Makuu Drive, right on 18th Ave., past Railroad ave, 2nd lot on left(very close to the end of 18th). Yeah.......I know, I'm on a dead-end street, so not much traffic.....not much people would even know about it except my neighbors. There is a lighted yard-sign on your left saying: "Tune to 106.7 FM"

Stan
Watched the whole thing, pretty impressive. I fear your power bill is likely to be pretty impressive as well. Hope your yard sign is easily seen so no one misses the music. You may have to change your timer in the other direction since we passed our earliest dark on 12/1 and have already regained two minutes of evening daylight (sun will set 9 minutes later on Christmas and 13 minutes later by the end of the month). Thanks for sharing, enjoyed every bit. Aloha.

use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
I always thought the shortest day of the year was about December 20/21????? Why is it different here?

Royall

What goes around comes around!

love the lights, we will bring grandkids to watch!
You'd think it'd scare the coqui away! I've seen lots of the displays around here, glad to see someone in Hawaii doing it!
Are the neighbors ok with it?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
It's not different, days are still getting shorter, it's just that we're now losing daylight in the morning with the sun rising later (as well as setting later). The shortest day(s) are 12/20-21 and with 10 hours 56 minutes 33 seconds. Then, on 12/22, we gain one second and the days start getting longer again.

quote:
Originally posted by Royall

I always thought the shortest day of the year was about December 20/21????? Why is it different here?

Royall

What goes around comes around!

use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
I'll definitely take a look one day at your lights, thanks for posting.

Very interesting about the time of sunset, Lin W. I thought daylight expanded and contracted equally at both ends of the day.
But you're right, sunset is later than it was a week ago. I'll have to find out why that is.
Great job with the lights! I won't be able to come see it in person, as I won't actually be on the Big Island until January, but I sure am glad I got to see it online! Thanks!

Life is too short to stress about the small stuff! Aloha!
Life is too short to stress about the small stuff! Aloha!
I love the Coqui Chorus! Great show. Good work. I hope you have a solar generator.

quote:
Originally posted by ef9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZxROJCrfWA

I am really into my Christmas lights and want to share them with anyone who drives by.

I sequenced a total of 7 songs to my Christmas lights. To hear the music when you come by, tune to 106.7 MHz on your FM radio. Lights are on between 6:15pm to 9:45pm (time may be changed to 6pm to 9:30pm when it gets dark earlier).

Down Makuu Drive, right on 18th Ave., past Railroad ave, 2nd lot on left(very close to the end of 18th). Yeah.......I know, I'm on a dead-end street, so not much traffic.....not much people would even know about it except my neighbors. There is a lighted yard-sign on your left saying: "Tune to 106.7 FM"

Stan

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
Hey Stan thanks for sharing! Love the coqui chorus and the music and lights, delighted you shared it with us!

mella l

mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA