Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Champagne Pond - Best solutions?
Yeah Kathy, but I specifically said, "roads and sideways".(edit) er ah i mean streets.(edit)

John Doe Public might think it's OK to walk in or on somebody's property but, I know better than to violate people's rights. .

Edited by - Jeffhale on 11/10/2007 11:22:41
As a DLNR Enforcement Officer, I would suggest that pressure be applied to the appropriate Senators, Representatives, and Councilmembers to take the unencumbered State land and convert it to a County or State park. That way there would be regular maintenance, improved access and facilities and a set of enforceable rules with criminal penalties for those that use the area. Just my 2 cents.

Andy

quote:
As a DLNR Enforcement Officer, I would suggest that pressure be applied to the appropriate Senators, Representatives, and Councilmembers to take the unencumbered State land and convert it to a County or State park. That way there would be regular maintenance, improved access and facilities and a set of enforceable rules with criminal penalties for those that use the area. Just my 2 cents.

Andy

What about the "unbuildable areas" on Waiopae in Vacationland?
I would avoid swimming there anymore. I know a man who has performed water tests in the area recently, Not champagne but others very close by, and many of those pools are pretty ugly...Doulbe the dangerous level. The good thing is it can be cleaned up. The problem is all the people there and no bath room and that some of the houses with cess pools actually are only 4-5 feet above sea level, meaning that the cess pool has water in the bottom.

Daniel R Diamond
Daniel R Diamond
Kapohokat,
I think that the area around the WaiOpae tide pools is private land. The area around champagne is already state land (no purchase or swap needed). My real point was that there needs to be effective management of the state land that is generating all the trouble.

quote:
Kapohokat,
C = cat

quote:
I think that the area around the WaiOpae tide pools is private land. The area around champagne is already state land (no purchase or swap needed). My real point was that there needs to be effective management of the state land that is generating all the trouble.

No I agree with you on the current state land. And also believe me, I am well aware of the private land issues. I work with the county on a number of lots down there all the time. Including this coming Monday morning.

But all of Kapoho shoreline faces similar issues. Without the land under water becoming either state or county, it also gets no real management other than the signage.

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
808 217-7578
http://bluewaterpm.125mb.com/index.html
"We help make building your dream home a reality"

Edited by - kapohocat on 11/17/2007 14:38:44
Champagne Pond is polluted, kapohogal, but if you're a resident then it's your fault! It's like everyone in the community knows this except for the residents of Beach Lots. The cess and septic systems are routinely flushed at high tides. I've been at the Pond when the tour groups came there, and I, like everyone else who isn't a resident including the Trib reporter, am happy to report that they didn't stay more than 45 minutes. There was one group of about 12-14 in the morning and another of the same size in the afternoon. After reading all the info on the situation it feels like the residents are getting desperate to keep their gated community closed off to everyone else while taking no steps to clean up the real cause of the water pollution.

My friends brought me to Champagne Pond as a "fresh move" I was appalled. i cannot believe that in the state of public access there is a community with a gate and absolute no public access to an entire bay! how did this happen? we got there on a semi-clo0udy wednesday and were the only people there. a group from the tour comapny showed up and left after about 45 minutes. then, about an hour later a woman from a lanai (homeownere) started screaming at us that "you 'people' had better find some place else to go!" I was shocked and will never go back. the residents can ave it.
County of Hawai`i
Department of Environmental Management
Sewer System Feasibility Project Kapoho, Hawai`i

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2007, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
PAHOA HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIA

The County of Hawai`i Department of Environmental Management has engaged the engineering firm of Engineering Concepts, Inc. to preliminarily address the feasibility of a wastewater collection and treatment system for the Kapoho Vacationland Estates and Farmlots, Kapoho Beach Lots and a public restroom at the Wai O Pai marine life conservation district.

This first meeting will present preliminary information regarding alternative sewer systems applicable to the area. This project is in response to Senate Bill SB 2480 SD1, H1 and Hawai’i County Council Resolution 437-06.

Interested individuals are invited to attend this meeting to share any questions or concerns you may have about the project. Individuals requiring special needs accommodations should call Ms. Dora Beck at (808) 961-8028 at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date.

CONTACT: Ms. Dora Beck, P.E., Technical Services Section Chief, Department of Environmental Management, at (808) 961-8028.
Bobby Jean Leithead-Todd
Director
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
The county should have never issused building permits in the first place. But that's part of the problem and 20-30 years later this is what you get a bowl of S***t.
They're packing em in down in front in HPP too and it's more of the "me" thing because everyone has to be next to the water. Live right on top of it. Then expect everyone else to bare the cost to "band-aid' it after the fact?
Same old, same old.
I know as a kid i read if you build your house in the sand in the side of a river bed, don't complain when the river comes. It was there before you. Don't complain when da big wave comes either, like it won't.

KEEP PUNA RURAL