Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neighborhood Thefts
Okay since I cant seem to find the NW watch thread....

I thought this might be a good place to put the theft watch.

So here it is for today. 3:00 Pm ish...

27th between Makuu & Paradise in HPP - one big maybe Samoan or dark Hawaiian guy and one white guy in a big white ford 4WD tried to rip off a job site. One of our guys was driving by, chased them towards Pahoa - tried to flag down police (who passed on by). Nothing stolen - they had wheelbarrow full of tools loaded up - but ran to truck when our guy pulled up. The lead guy had just left site about 2:00 Pm ish.

Person who watches jobsite regularly was coming back from store run after been gone only a few minutes.

PS and I suggest if this is a crook reading this, you dont want to mess with a bunch of rednecks. Steal their tools and they will quit their jobs and hunt you full time.

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
808 217-7578
http://bluewaterpm.125mb.com/index.html
"We help make building your dream home a reality"

Edited by - kapohocat on 11/17/2007 18:12:32

Edited by - kapohocat on 11/17/2007 18:14:43
Thanks, Cat. Let's start tracking.

Get the map going with the pins. Perhaps we can get the news paper to carry the image of the map after it gets a little colorful.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Cat, did anyone get the license from their truck? This is the age of the internet. Get their license, and you'll find their home. Then the sky is the limit as far as punishment goes

Handle every situation like a dog,If you can't eat it or hump it,piss on it and walk away...
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
quote:
Cat, did anyone get the license from their truck?..

Didnt get it. As bad luck would have it the guy chasing them down 27th blew a tire. First question I asked too! ha ha I told all the guys get even 2 of the numbers and a make and model and they can probably find it.

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
808 217-7578
http://bluewaterpm.125mb.com/index.html
"We help make building your dream home a reality"
Another idea on mapping these incidents is a photo could be put on the punafriends sites, updated when needed, it would be instructive to neighbors when they are the victims to get busy. Perhaps encourage more NW people and streets to get organized, proactive and into looking out for each others, neighborly no. YES license plate numbers good!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
In the meantime, we have a description: Big Samoan or Dark Hawaiian guy and a white guy in a big white Ford 4Wd. If you see them, snap a photo of the license plate with your cell phone or other camera.

Obviously, the guys are actively scouting during the timeframes when a crew will leave a job site for lunch. I think a sting operation at any active and visible job site can be very effective from earlier suggestions.

If that can't be done, I think the most effective thing is to have your crew track any people hanging out close to the job site and just checking out the work...or better yet stagger crews so that someone is always on the job site....sounds like the robbers are looking more for tools than materials, but i'm sure if materials are easily portable than it will be taken.

I'm hopefuly that some sting operation would be more effective since these lazy guys are just waiting for their fast easy breaks to a job site.

noel

I'm not saying you guys watch too much tv but I don't know exactly how you think this will work.
If you catch some one then what? Gonna beat em with a 2x4? Tie to a tree then call the cops? Be sure you know your linits on, "Citizen arrest". My suggestion would be to have a cop with in your sting operation and just maybe they might have some security sequpiment the could be used. After all were trying to help them with their job. You may have to PAY extra for his time, (which would be another insult to taxpayers) and howlong could they do this with you a year? a month? once?
Just taking pictures by themselves won't do diddley around here. You should see my photo collections and videos of stupid human tricks.

KEEP PUNA RURAL
We've been robbed numerous items in Hawaiian Acres, a brand new costco car port, numerous tools, wheel barrow, diving equipment, gardening stuff even fertilizer. My next door neighbor came over last week and told me he caught one of our neighbors in the act and so have other neighbors. They live almost directly behind us, kitty corner, so we are being robbed by our next door neighbors! My neighbor is afraid to call the police because he's growing medical pakalolo.
Steve & Regina
Hawaiian Acres / North Lake Tahoe

'If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there' - George Harrison