Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxymorons in Puna
Ahhh yes oxymoron's. Have you ever noticed that Kea'au's Grocery Store,"Puna Fresh Foods" is just that!? Why just last week I was buying myself some shredded cheese in a pack from Krafts. Stuff was on sale, it's price was like $2.10 for the bag! I thought to myself what a deal!!!! Two days after I made the purchase I decided I was gonna use some. To my surprise the cheese rolled out of the bag like "dried" coconut! An even bigger surprise was the date on this bag of cheese. I bought this cheese ten days after expiration date on bag!!! This is no problem if that is what I'm seeking out. I have no problem eating out dated stuff. But what I have a problem with is this store is just straight up lazy!

Normally most grocery stores in Honolulu have a special area for outdated products. But not at "Puna Fresh Foods"!!! They have so many out dated items on their shelves that they don't even bother to move products around for the connivence to their customers. Is this just plain old apathy from their hourly waged workers who are pissed about their wages?
But I have noticed at this store that this is not a freak accident....it seems to be the norm there!?

In their attempt to get more clients to frequent their store they have offered discounted prices on your overall bill. After gaining so many buying points,"Puna Fresh Foods" offers up 5% & 10% discounts on future purchases on their recipts. Unfortunately if you wait longer than two weeks to use your coupon/recipt for one of these said discounts, you'll find that your recipt has turned into a worthless blank piece of paper?

So "Puna Fresh Foods" is my oxymoron of the day. You'll also find out that they serve up yummy green meat in their meat dept., and very soft veggies for those with bad teeth

Handle every situation like a dog,If you can't eat it or hump it,piss on it and walk away...
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Calling Puna "The Wild Wild WEST,"

When it's actually EAST Hawaii would be my oxymoron for the day.

-----------------
Coming home soon!
LOL ..... survived that cheese ... The "Taco" variety is typically sort of dry tasting so I never even thought to look. Even went back for more ......

The True value store in Orchidland is another oxymoron, their prices on most items are higher than most places in puna.

quote:
LOL ..... survived that cheese ... The "Taco" variety is typically sort of dry tasting so I never even thought to look. Even went back for more ......

damn, I'm busted!!!! That's the same cheese I got too. The so-called Mexican taco cheese.

It has come to my attention that the only thing that"Puna Fresh Food" has on sale are items either outdated, or about to be outdated..

Handle every situation like a dog,If you can't eat it or hump it,piss on it and walk away...
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Not to cause any drama's here folks, but dry cheese can be melted down and it taste the same as "Fresh" Cheese.

And if you really think about it... isn't cheese just a mold anyhow?

So here's another oxymoron for the day.

Fresh Cheese - (Wouldn't Fresh Cheese just be simply milk?)

-----------------
Coming home soon!

Clean elections.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
Common sense.

How do I know?
Aloha! ;-)
Fine whine?

clean incinerator

James Weatherford, Ph.D.