Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Speed Internet in Fern Acres
Aloha, my wife and I just moved into our house in fern acres and were wondering if anyone had any leads on getting high speed internet here. So far I have only been able to score a dial up connection. I'm quite addicted to xbox360 and a dial up connection just wont work. Also we would like to be able to send some pics of our new home to family and friends and didn't want to wait an hour each time we wanted to do so. Any feedback would be helpful. Mahalo in advance.
I have a friend that lives near the corner of Pikake and Orchid St.

They have Oceanic Roadrunner service. I'm not sure what they are paying though.

Welcome to Punaweb [Wink]

-------
Lower your expectations and be ready for anything.
Damon, Maholo for your quick response. I have a call into them. They told me they would get back to me in about two weeks. So I guess the waiting game starts. Have a good day. P.s. where exactly is the "South Sandwich Islands"?
Mahalo..... Before anyone corrects my spelling....
I doubt they call you back, someone told me you have to actually just order the service then they will tell you if you can get it, after a couple of weeks.
good luck with that too, I've been waiting and calling a couple of months now. But I'm starting to like the free wireless anyway.

Hopefully by then you'll be over your addiction (generally takes 2 weeks to change a bad habit) just don't replace it with PUNAWEB LOL[:p]
Everything happens thats meant to and welcome to the sandwich islands[Smile]
quote:
P.s. where exactly is the "South Sandwich Islands"?

Next to the Pahoa Public Schools [Wink]

-------
Lower your expectations and be ready for anything.

There are a couple of miles of cable in Fern Acres. If you're in the front 1/3 on the first couple streets, you're golden for high-speed internet. The exact locations are in the archives of the FernAcres yahoo group 'cause I asked that question there a year or two back.
If you get dial up thru phone line, have you checked your phone provider for DSW?
Gordon J Tilley
Mahalo for all the responses. Sorry I took so loong to respond. I tried to look up the archives in yahoo but they still haven't let me log on. Gtill is DSW different than DSL because I checked with the phone company about DSL and they do not offer it here. I also tried to call an order cable like you advised and was told someone would get back to me in a little while and that was two days ago. I am staying positive because atleast I have dial up.[Big Grin] Now I am going to highjack my own thread and ask where the best place to get info on building a composte heap is?
quote:
Originally posted by whosnew

Gtill is DSW different than DSL

Yes, DSL is a telco high speed internet access. DSW is the place you send your wife so you can use your DSL in peace.[Big Grin]

However, since there are no DSWs on Hawaii, your wife may need the DSL to go shopping online at DSW.[Wink]