Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dagnabit! I think I'm in danger.
I'm staying in a friend's house. She's renting me a room. The problem is the neighbours who rent the room down the hall. They are weird and smell like my son's model airplane glue. It's a couple who look weird and act weird. The girl's face is entirely eaten up by acne and they always leave the bathroom dirty. I don't know why they can't defecate INSIDE the toilet. My friend the homeowner says she's had to clean up the bathroom after them for months now. This morning I see that one of them started using the toilet and dragged themselves to the shower leaving fecal matter on the floor.

It's gotta be that ice thing. The "airplane glue" fumes that come from that room give me and DH a headache. I'm preggers, I can't be exposed to this! My friend says she'll kick them out but she's so sweet and nice...I don't know if she will be able to.

I don't know if I can stay here another night....I hope we find a house to rent soon!

The sad thing is my friend is a VERY neat lady, very clean and hardworking. I don't like seeing her abused like this. This morning I went to the kitchen and did all the dishes and cleaned up the counters because the neighbours would not clean up after themselves, letting my friend clean it up for them.

I think cleanliness IS godliness and cannot stand for this.

--maggie

http://www.maggieblanchett.com
Why doesn’t she evict them?
She said she'll talk to them soon. Also said the law requires 45 day notice before evicting tenants but will try to get them out right away.

If they're not out soon I'm looking for a hotel. Any Super 8-style motels around Hilo?

--maggie

Is it worst then the first place you looked at.

Dang two strikes and you haven't even been here a few days.

I also noticed that you said cleanliness is a godsend....

Be prepared that many people in Puna are not what you may consider "Clean". [Wink]

-------
It is the way... the way it is.
I think she needs to read the Residential Landlord Tenant Code!
That smell you're smelling may possibly be ether. A very flammable solvent used for cooking meth and cocain. You need to move! Life's to short. I know that there is a good cheap little motel in Hilo. I cnt remember the name of it.. but I'm sure one of these folks will chime in soon. I feel sorry for your friend and I'm sure she's intimidated by these tweakers but you're thinking for two. Move on..

Blessings,
dave

Dear IRS. I would like to cancel my subscription. Please remove my name from your mailing list.
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

""Be prepared that many people in Puna are not what you may consider "Clean"".

Sounds like Puna just got a little bit "cleaner" to me. [Wink]

Blessings,
dave

Dear IRS. I would like to cancel my subscription. Please remove my name from your mailing list.
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Dolphin Bay Inn in Hilo. Good bet. Get out asap. Place an appeal here on Punaweb too for a place, even short term.

Sorry to hear of your bad landings...
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Ditto Rob on the Dolphin Bay. Most of their rooms have simple, but quite adequate, cooking facilities. Very clean and safe.

I hope your luck changes.

Cheers,
Jerry
My friend asked me to give it one more night, says she'll kick them out. I'll know more tomorrow. If they don't leave, I'm going to the Dolphin thing. Thank you so much or the support, you guys rock!

--maggie