Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 2008 PunaWeb Party
Just back from an extended visit, so here are the photos I promised.

My return trip home was extra exciting, due to flight changes to accommodate an extended visit! I had the adventure of flying from Hilo, to Maui 1 1/2 hour lay over, from Maui to Oahu, 1 1/2 hour lay over, then on to Sacto. Flight delayed on tarmac in Oahu as we took on more fuel? Stuck on tarmac as we lost our place in line, then just after all cell phones were required to be turned off, the pilot tells us our flight will be extended 45 min due to war games and we have to fly around them further north before we can head east. Just goes to show you, ya never know!

I'll post a few more photos soon!

Lastly I'd like to thank all of you who made my visit so very special, from musicals to the caldera, from Kona to Ninole, from Richardson's to Kalapana. You, and each and everyone of you made it so special and memorable for me!

Mahalo and Aloha nui loa,

mella l

Woops, the link for photos is

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/PunaWebFriends/photos
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Thank you,Mella.Hope you will post more pictures soon.
Mahalo for the photo's, Good to put some faces to some of the Punawebbers[Big Grin]

dick wilson
dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"
isn't there somewhere else besides yahoo that people could post photos? somewhere without all that sign up stuff? which some of us will not do. http://www.shutterfly.com/ doesn't require anything, friends of mine post there a lot to share their pics
I'll second that, took me like three tries to finally get in to see the photo's. Great to see the photo's but all the spam that comes with the yahoo group thing is pretty irritating.

dick wilson
dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"
I've chosen to lay low on PunaWeb after our recent visit to the Big Island. Mostly it stems from that fact that I'm not a resident, yet, and it seems intrusive of me to speak up as a Californian about your goings-on. Even though I was born there, and have had Hawaii in my heart for the last 40 years, I'm not a Punatic, yet, and I don't want to present myself as a Punatic or a Wannabe or even that I know what the heck I'm talking about with regard to things Hawaiian. I was fairly humbled just by being there and meeting you folk. You're living the life.

Having said all of that, I can't help but speak up on this thread to thank everyone who we met at the recent PunaParty. KapohoCat and Castaway Bob ;-), most specially, but you, PamMELLA, the other Pams, Jerry, Scott, Canh, Royall, Dr. James, and so many others. You are very wonderful people, and (my) Pamela and I very much enjoyed meeting all of you.

We had a wonderful visit, and the PunaParty was the icing on the cake. To return the photo favor, here is my Picasa website, where I store digital copies of all my photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mgeary1126

The pix we took this vacation are in two albums: Hawaii 2008 Pamela (her pix are better than mine), and Hawaii 2008 Mark. You might wish to browse the Tattoo Pix album if you want to see my Hawaii tattoo. I'm pretty proud of it, it has quite a bit of meaning for me, and the artist did an excellent job. Our Wedding Pix album is quite nice, too.

Anyway, mahalo nui loa for making Pamela and I welcome. We'll be back. We love Hawaii, and we love Puna. Punatics are pretty special, too.

Aloha! ;-)
Aloha! ;-)
[quote]Originally posted by mgeary

I've chosen to lay low on PunaWeb after our recent visit to the Big Island. Mostly it stems from that fact that I'm not a resident, yet, and it seems intrusive of me to speak up as a Californian about your goings-on. Even though I was born there, and have had Hawaii in my heart for the last 40 years, I'm not a Punatic, yet, and I don't want to present myself as a Punatic or a Wannabe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice pictures,Mgeary!

But you are a great asset to this forum,so I think I am not the only

one missing your posts.Don't worry ,while you still "Da Kine ",you can post!)):
Awesome pics, thank you both for sharing! Smile
~ Rachael
I agree with DickWilson & Dakine. I'm always so surprised when I see what people use for hosting pictures.

The best photo hosting site by far is http://www.flickr.com/

Easiest, best quality, allows commenting, best of everything. Use your Yahoo id's, if you don't have one, create one and log-in. Once you see how stupidly easy it is... you won't go anywhere else.

Here's my photos from Michigan http://www.flickr.com/photos/area53/
Yes the yahoo groups is frustrating the first few tries, even computer and camera and cell phone challenged me had problems. That being said, Ed Smay was kind enough some time ago to take the initiateve and set this site up for us, and for that I'm grateful!

Lovely wedding photos, well all the photos M and P, thank you! Love the honu also, spectacular! My tat isn't PG, but Gene's is and it is at geneandpam.com if you have some time on your hands!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA