Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does your local economy feel?
quote:
Originally posted by esnap

The coming crash is a precipitant of governmental meddling in the mortgage business.

WTF are you talking about!?!
It's amazing to me that any sentinent being could make a statement like that at a time like this.

Hell yeah, the solution to all this country's economic problems is even less regulation. Un. Frickin'. Believable.

no aloha,
Gene

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No." - Craig T. Nelson
Keep it Hawaii folks.....

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Well Dave don't feel too pregnant and alone there.

Quote"Change of subject- Just last week my wife admitted that we should have moved to Puna a few years back, paid off all of our debt and built a modest home on a lot in.. She thought I'd be happy to hear that.. Hearing three years later, after the fact, does nothing for me or our situation now. I knew when Bush was reelected this was coming.. I fricken knew it aaararrgggg........... but I let her talk me out of moving.. She used many threads from right here to make her case that our son would be treated like an outsider, he would bleed to death in a waiting room because of the limited health care, the cost of living was to high blah blah etc etc.. Well here we are.. Being right, this time, may be something I can't overcome for many years.."

I was ready and able in spring 05, but we delayed, much the same as you. So when 06 came along as we packed and arranged for 10 day pet certificates we found out our domestic Bengal cats we prohibited. Adding the current situation on top of this, well don't know when we will get there. How long before the housing mkt recovers some sense of balance and we can GET OUT.

There are those on this board who will be thrilled that people are stuck on the mainland. But it will only increase the size of the tsunami when the housing market breaks free again, I'm sure.

Hang in there, isn't it funny or really not, no matter where you are, we are all in THIS BOAT TOGETHER and will be riding rough seas.

Much Aloha,

mella l

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong....because sometime in your life you will have been all of these."
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
quote:
Originally posted by mella l

Well Dave don't feel too pregnant and alone there.

After all,just 9 months-and you will be fine![Wink]
haha you so funny...NOT
(directed to still hope)
your comments border on so inappropriate

mella..so sorry you are stuck over there...
aloha, jamie
quote:
Originally posted by mella l...
There are those on this board who will be thrilled that people are stuck on the mainland...

We are sad you are stuck on the mainland! [:0] We miss you!
quote:
Originally posted by aikahimomma

haha you so funny...NOT
(directed to still hope)
your comments border on so inappropriate

mella..so sorry you are stuck over there...
aloha, jamie

Akahimomma,me and Dave M are friends and are exchanging jokes like that. If you can not understand this...Well..
well still hope , there's a whole lot about you that i fail to understand...your humor being one of them
quote:
Originally posted by esnap

The coming crash is a precipitant of governmental meddling in the mortgage business.

Some politicians pushed through policy that forced lenders to give mortgage loans to people that were insolvent.

I actually met a guy the other day that made a fortune buying really dumpy shacks, fixing them up and selling them to poor people at inflated values (owner finance) then after a time he'd sell the paper to Freddie or Fannie.

The corrupt CEOs of those companies just wanted more property on the books because that would make the value of holdings look bigger and that was how they could get there insanely huge bonuses even bigger.

I wont mention the political affiliation of the people that were CEOs of Fred and Fannie or which campaign they work for now, but here are the top politicians that took the most donations from Freddie and Fannie:
#1 Chris Dodd

#2 John Kerry

#3 Barack Obama

#4 HIllary Clinton

This one has got to take the prize for the most ridiculous assessment of the financial mess ever written...

Maybe it’s just a troll or a joke or both…

It is kinda funny for being soooo far off the mark...
quote:
Originally posted by aikahimomma

well still hope , there's a whole lot about you that i fail to understand...your humor being one of them

You don't have to understand my sense of humor.
And I don't have to understand your hostility.