Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merrie Monarch
Are you all enjoying the Merrie Monarch?

I've heard the free night was spectacular and also that this years competitions are so beautiful. What is your impression?

mella l

NO, really? Assume the best!
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Last night's Hula Kahiko was not to be missed. It's my favorite of all the nights and we were not disappointed! The talent and precision is always so mind boggling. It was my first MM with actual tickets (because of an anonymous kind-hearted person who sent me tickets)! It's always fun to run into so many friends too. My deepest Mahalo goes out to whomever was the gift giver.[Big Grin][Big Grin]

Carrie

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel - LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
hey, mella: maybe try and see if you can't watch it live here: http://www.k5thehometeam.com/

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Ah thank you Francine. So lovely and the music is so moving also. Almost like being there for being 2700 miles away! I appreciate the link it works really well!

mella l

mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
glad to hear that the link worked, mella. see you soon?

edited to add: i'm at royall's and forgot that was logged in on his account.

a hui hou, francine [B)]

Mella, did you get to see the Auana performances last night? I always think that Kahiko is my favorite but when you're there in the crowd and the Auana performers are doing their thing, it just so beautiful.

Come home soon!

Carrie
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Well thank you all I didn't get to watch last night but the videos are good also. Even reading about these hula's gives me goose bumps so lovely aren't they! So spiritual and moving no wonder the missionaries from long ago forbade the hula.

mella l

mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
The Merrie Monarch Festival was wonderful
Enjoyed Wednesday night's show, lunch time shows at the hotels, craft shows at several places, and the Parade on Saturday. We are so fortunate to live here and have this wonderful event. Thank you / Mahalo to all who worked so hard to bring this about.