Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Properties for sale
I'm still looking for that acre in HPP under 12,000. Wink
Puna: Our roosters crow first
If the taxes owed are $3k and it sells for $10k, the rest goes to the owner. Hey, if shindawa hasn't paid his taxes in HPP for 15 years, he probably hasn't paid the dues owed to the association for 15 years either. Wonder why HPP hasn't forced a sale? Or any of the other subs w/mandatory dues. I'm curious because I live in Eden Roc and no one here even wants to go to court to get mandatory dues and the other rights! I brought it up and oh boy.........
The problem with looking up these parcels by the tax map key numbers is that often they will only say, for example, “25th Avenue” with no actual street address since they’re undeveloped. I figured out a tricky way to see where these parcels are located that works fairly well.

Using the 25th Av example, I typed in the tax map key # 151021260. There was no actual address listed for that property, but I could see from the map that parcel #151021259 was next door. So I searched on that tax map key number. That property had an actual address, so I could then locate the area in google earth to get a good look without actually driving there (I live on the mainland so that was out of the question).

It doesn’t always work well because sometimes there are no actual addresses for the properties nearby. But it works OK.

Wish I could be there to bid, but can’t. Good luck to those who get a good deal!
I use the tax key number to get the map and then zoom out to "1 mile" level. If you know the neighborhood (eg HPP) you can figure out where it is pretty close enough.

I was wondering too about the road maintenance fee - surely they're not going to make the new owner pay that?

In the past there were maybe no bargains, but with 40 lots - just in HPP - up for sale on the same day, who knows.
I think I'll turn up with $5000 and see what happens.
If I understand it correctly, the HPPOA has been placing liens against properties in serious arrears on road maintenance fees. Those liens would have to be discharged by the County from the sales proceeds for a clear title to be transferred. Therefore, I don't really think the new owner would be resonsible for the back fees.

Cheers,
Jerry

"Those liens would have to be discharged by the County from the sales proceeds for a clear title to be transferred."

So I assume that would raise the starting bid, from just tax to tax + liens.
I doubt it. If the sale price is above the taxes, then it would go to the lien, but only if above the taxes as they are first in line, unless the Feds have an interest too. It might cause an issue with getting clear title.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
If the owner in default comes forward with the money and interest you lose the lot right? Does this mean you cannot build on the lot or do improvements for one year and if you do do you lose what you have done for improvements?
That is how I've understood it. I don't think it's a good idea to do any improvements until the year is up.
County web site says that the winning bidder is issued a tax deed. Anyone know what this does and doesn't do for you?

Dan