Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out my Christmas Lights in HPP
To all:

Thank you for the compliments! I was shocked when Tribune Herald came over (Bret Yager and William Ing). My father was totally trippin' out (he was visiting). I honestly didn't think it would make the front page and the photos be that HUGE. Last night, there were soooo MANY cars coming in and out, etc. And we live near the end of a dead-end street. I estimate between 50-100 cars came last night.

The videos came out crappy because I do not know how to work the camcorder. The show is actually better in person anyway.

Stan
Aloha! Stan!

Had one of those bummer - run around in circles and get nothing done days.

Stuck in traffic - lost my Aloha with wifey - THEN---------------------------------
on the way home stopped at your place - FANTASTIC - found Aloha, cuddled with wifey - actually gave instructions to others cars that showed up.

Mahalo!

Mele Kalikimaka!
Joey
quote:
Originally posted by rbakker

I'll definitely take a look one day at your lights, thanks for posting.

Very interesting about the time of sunset, Lin W. I thought daylight expanded and contracted equally at both ends of the day.
But you're right, sunset is later than it was a week ago. I'll have to find out why that is.

but here is the confusing part. I have an certain part of my garden that is telling me different! How is that possible?

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
How long are you going to leave your display up? My son is flying in on the 29th and I wanted him to see it. Looks great!

dean
January 2 is the last night I will display the show. I will take down on January 3, Saturday.

If anyone cannot make it before 10pm, I can schedule a private viewing. Please email me at soshiro@gmail.com and I can setup the show at a time that is more convenient for you.

quote:
Originally posted by tptplyr1

How long are you going to leave your display up? My son is flying in on the 29th and I wanted him to see it. Looks great!

dean

" Thank you all who have come to visit!

The Christmas show will be on display everyday from 6:15pm to 10pm till January 2, 2009.

I hope to see you again next year (2009). Please visit http://stan.x2o.net/ for more information. Target date for lighting ceremony for next year will be November 27, 2009 (black Friday). Show will run through January 2, 2010. "
quote:
Originally posted by ef9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4jVQyEoVgM

I am really into my Christmas lights and want to share them with anyone who drives by.

I sequenced a total of 7 songs to my Christmas lights. To hear the music when you come by, tune to 106.7 MHz on your FM radio. Lights are on between 6:15pm to 9:45pm (time may be changed to 6pm to 9:30pm when it gets dark earlier).

Down Makuu Drive, right on 18th Ave., past Railroad ave, 2nd lot on left(very close to the end of 18th). Yeah.......I know, I'm on a dead-end street, so not much traffic.....not much people would even know about it except my neighbors. There is a lighted yard-sign on your left saying: "Tune to 106.7 FM"

Stan

We stopped by on Christmas Eve and everyone enjoyed the show, thanks.
I was thinking about the simulcast on FM. Do you have a license to broadcast?
I thought that the FCC controlled that band and that you would have to get a license to use that frequency, or do they give you a temp permit?

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
BIVN now has video and an article of the lights Stan.

The Video is High Definition and Mr. Corrigan might offer to youtube it for you for future references.

I believe his email can be found on his site... if you can't find it, let me know and I'll give you his email via PM.

-------
My Blog
quote:
Originally posted by Kahunascott

We stopped by on Christmas Eve and everyone enjoyed the show, thanks.
I was thinking about the simulcast on FM. Do you have a license to broadcast?
I thought that the FCC controlled that band and that you would have to get a license to use that frequency, or do they give you a temp permit?

You do not need an FCC permit, as long as your FM transmitter transmits at 10milliwatts or less, and you broadcast on an unused frequency. 10milliwatts of power on the FM band yields less than 200feet radius of transmission.
Hey Damon, great find!!!!!

Thank you for the link. I will email Mr. Corrigan and thank him for the coverage of my house.

I also added another song to the list, Wish Liszt (Toy Shop Madness) by the Trans Siberian Orchestra. So there are a total of 8 songs sequenced for this year's show.

I didn't turn on the display tonight, as the torrential rains may pose a problem, and I doubt people would come over to view the show anyways.

quote:
Originally posted by Damon

BIVN now has video and an article of the lights Stan.

The Video is High Definition and Mr. Corrigan might offer to youtube it for you for future references.

I believe his email can be found on his site... if you can't find it, let me know and I'll give you his email via PM.

-------
My Blog

Well this has been a fun thread and I hope next year we have another!

For your dreaming pleasure and planning for next year event, you might include in your investigations the TSO Christmas Cannon the most viewed of all their videos, almost 3 million views! It is slow and a bit quiet but so beautiful, just a thought. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA9DmSfufSQ e Hau'oli Makahiki Hou, and once again thank you for this years festival of light and sound for all!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA