Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need coqui eggs
Want some Coqui eggs?[}Smile]

We had the Ag department over the other day looking for a mystifying snake, In our endeavors we came across a bunch of coqui eggs attached to some dead leafs in the lot behind me. So we scooped them up and now have them in a bowl covered with clear wrap waiting for them to hatch. My neighbor went back and found lots more so at the moment we are in the coqui farming business. He wants to make a sanctuary for them. Can he do this? He also wants to raise them for sale and sell them to other islands. He said if he did that and the other islands had some nice coqui populations everyone could enjoy the singing of these little friends of his. He also said that the coqui has such a foothold on the big island its only a matter of time before they make their way to the other islands. So in his words. Lets make some money while we can before everyone is doing it. My curiosity is getting the better of me, is he allowed to do this?

The Lack
Any person or organization who intentionally transports, harbors or imports with the intent to propagate, sell, or release the coqui is in violation of State law and may be charged with a class C felony and subject to a minimum fine of $50,000 and maximum fine of $200,000, plus 3 years in prison.

Better to make a coqui omelette instead.

Tom, I'd stay away from this guy. With his convoluted logic, he'll start rationalizing the merits of starting an ice lab and a child prostitution ring.
No way! He is our new law and order guy!

"Quote", Newbie

2 Posts

Is there an actual law forbidding the photographing of public buildings?

On Oahu just one coqui croak and a legion of ag dept types show up! Can't have that coqui, the state mascot of Puerto Rico! LOL

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Tom:

Are you sure you're not a Brit? I find it hilarious that you can drop the most tongue in cheek comment onto this BB and get irritated or otherwise serious responses to the most off the wall statements.

I would like to propose you for what used to be called (when I was a kid) 'The Order of the Wooden Spoon' for meritorious service over and above the call of duty in stirring up crap. Well done!
Coqui caviar, I find the idea absolutely amphibious. [Wink]
I think The Lack just likes to troll to see who or what he can hook.

Scott
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Any person or organization who intentionally transports, harbors or imports with the intent to propagate, sell, or release the coqui is in violation of State law and may be charged with a class C felony and subject to a minimum fine of $50,000 and maximum fine of $200,000, plus 3 years in prison.

Better to make a coqui omelette instead.

You're my hero!!!
you're my hero!!

Other people want to make friends- I just want to make money.
James Cramer
Tom,if your friend would have had this idea,he would have been too late:

http://punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7311&SearchTerms=coqui,
Thanks for the offer, but I think that there are some around my property. If you want more feel free to come and find them. I'll let them go for a song.
See you in the surf