Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPAMMER
That is an old scam that was going on via mail from Nigeria for years.

They get people to think they are going to get something for nothing but end up draining their bank accounts.
I saw an interview of a man that got swindled out of 30K. I was thinking it takes a special combination of greed and stupidity to get caught by that scam.

Most all con jobs are predicated by the targets on greed.

Many of these scam are coming out of Nigeria. They pay kids to sit and do this all day. When they get a hit, it gets turned over to a move seasoned con man.

I use a sophisticated firewall that blocks all the IPs from Russia,China,Nigeria etc.

Rob,
If you want, I'll send you a .htaccess file that will block what ever countries you want.

Even using a combo of firewall and htaccess they can still get to you by using proxies but it helps allot

came in as spam for me - guess yahoo was wise enough to sort them out
Yep same yahoo spam came to me this morning (02/10/08).
Thanks Moderator you beat me to it Smile
I got one as well. I`ll bet that there are a few individuals out there that will actually respond to this scam. Very sad indeed.
Little Bill
I got one too. They must have sent one to everyone! It is a very old scam and I don't think anyone here would fall for it, but the main problem is if anyone even responds to tell them that they are scammers, they can cull e-mail addresses for more of the same.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
What????? You mean I'm not going to get rich fast?!!!!!!!!!!!! Bummer dude. Yeah, they sent me one too.

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Recieved this today from PunaWeb Spammer,

"Hello Dear,

Permit me to inform you of desire of going into business relationship with you, I know this mail may come to you as a surprise since we have not known or write before, after going through your profile I feel to contact you hoping that you will not let me down. After you receive this mail kindly contact me on my private Email contact below. Introduction myself, I am Lucie Guessan the only daughter of the late chief Kamara Guessan my father was a gold and cocoa merchant based in Accra Ghana and Abidjan Cote d’Ivoire he died on his arrival from business trip in France in hospital here in Cote d’Ivoire, before his death, he call me on his bedside and told me that he has a sum of $9.500,000 USA dollars deposited in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan (Cote d’Ivoire) that he used my name as the next of kin. Please reply on my private email ( lucie606@yahoo.fr) for more details

Thanks, waiting for your urgent respond,

Regard

Lucie Guessan"
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
Yep me too! Googled punatalk and wow lots of SA stuff there!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
mella - 'SA' ???? I don't know that one...

Anyway, mine came in this morning but Yahoo sent it to the spam file.

aloha, Liz

"The best things in life aren't things."
You mean you guys didn't send her money? Damn I should have known better (j/k).

Did they think we were all born yesterday?

-Blake
http://www.theboysgreatescape.blogspot.com/