Greg, that is the best post I have seen on this thread. LOL.[Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Greg

I hang red christmas bulbs on my plants and they think they're tomatoes [8D]

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
The red christmas ball gig has been popped many times from the late 60s.
Gordon J Tilley
They were circling our lot on the 16th and 17th at treetop level for hours. I grew up in a country called the United States of America. We then had constitutional rights, one of which was the right to privacy. Since the escalation of the Civil War, also known as the War on Drugs, Americans were tricked into giving up all their rights.

On any sunny day, we have tour choppers going overhead every five minutes. After contacting the FAA, the Hilo airport, the FSDO on Oahu, and my Senators, I found that there is a cabal between General Aviation and the FAA. Apparently, if you are an "elite", that is a pilot of any kind, you can ruin people's at will, just to make a buck.

The DEA choppers, looking for pot, are far worse than any pot they might find. Since they, and the local cops make a good living by seizing poor people's homes and cars for pot, they will cling viciously to their claims to have the right to do this. The laws must be changed at all levels.
Quote:

"The red christmas ball gig has been popped many times from the late 60s."

It's always worked for me.......
Then I cut them down with a chain saw and take them to the laundramat to dry!
As has been pointed out before, you don't own the sky above your house.
You may as well complain about cars driving past your place making noise
and invading your privacy.
I don't think this type of action is what the Presidency had in mind for stimulus dollars going to Hawaii. Wake up and start taxing the bush, stop harassing TAX paying citizens, and heed what the President says about this federal harassment.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
You choose to live near a street with cars going by, so you live with the consequences. Those who choose to live near an airport have no right to complain.

But who chooses to live in a place where helicopters are circling your house whenever it strikes their fancy? I wouldn't consciously choose to do so, and where I live, we see very few copters...but I really sympathize with the folks being terrorized.

Looking at it from purely a legalistic standpoint, PaulW may be correct. (Perhaps Bob Orts can confirm.)

Looking at it from a moral and ethical standpoint, it is wrong. The helicopters, the drug war, the wasted money when our government and financial system is bleeding.

JMHO
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
I was refering more to the complaint about tour helicopters and pilots in general.

These stories about people being terrorized by the DEA just don't make sense to me.
Why would they do this? I thought Green Harvest was about them finding plants, rappeling down and cutting them up. What would be gained by circling someone's house constantly?
There has to be more to this. Where are the videos of these choppers?
The occasional helicopter flying over our house gives me a sense of security. I am comforted to think the people in the helicopter might spot someone lurking around the neighbourhood (further to all the break-ins in HPP lately). Some days it does seem there are more than on other days, but I don't find it that bad. Often it's search and rescue when someone went missing in the ocean.

Whenever I have complained to a gov. department about anything I've been told to keep a log book of times and dates. This way you will have something in writing to strengthen your case. I would suggest the people who are being bothered by the helicopters over their houses to keep a diary or log book and take dated photos. Just saying the choppers have been flying over all the time for weeks is not enough.
we have a digital cam with video capility now. Next time our lives are invaded again ill video it and post it here.