Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Boutique in Pahoa!!
Hey all!

Wow, Pahoa is really starting to get a face lift[Smile]

So, last week after I discovered the Milk and Honey Cafe (you can read my review on this forum), I found a new boutique! Hooray!! It's called Bella Luna and it's all beautiful clothes that are private label, and the best part... the average item is less than $20!! Right now it's pretty standard sizing, although Shalom (the owner) is planning on bringing in a wider array of sizes. I found a really cute top that was black, with batik styling on the back and beautiful detailing on the sleeves for under 20. Oh Happy day!

The owner, Shalom is this super sweet guy who has been in the clothing industry for years. He loves to watch people get dressed up and feel good about themselves. Last week, we sat down and had a conversation about how he likes to do business. He said, "I don't want to be rich, I want to be happy." Part of what makes him happy is seeing the delight on the faces of his customers as they discover something new in Pahoa.

They offer clothing accessories and guess what else! Hair wraps!! The girl who works there, Noa is a way cool girl who just moved here from Maui and does these beautiful hair wraps with brightly colored embroidery threads, crystals and beads. If you have something you want, she'll work with it as well. And her work is amazing. She somehow knows how to pull your personality into the wrap. Just Gorgeous...

Anyway, they are open 11-8 during the week and I think they close a little earlier on Saturdays. So, drop by and check 'em out. I promise you will be happily surprised [8D]

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars."
"How do you know i am mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the cat "or you wouldnt have come here."
Kerouac!**S**

Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
I wish they had Bella Luna wine too! [Smile]

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,ARB,BFT,CM,CBR,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

Pictures of the place here:

http://damontucker.wordpress.com/2009/03...-in-pahoa/

Noa is in one of them.

---------
FBI Blogs
I have got to ask....what is a hair wrap? And, is the clothing new or used? I will have to check it out.
A hair wrap is embroidery thread that is wrapped around a small section of hair and it makes a cord of bright colors. A lot of times there are beads, or crystals and other things also included. They're really pretty when they are done.

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars."
Update on the shop!

So, I'm now working at Bella Luna along with Noa and Natasha... And here's the big news!! We're putting a full service salon into the store! We should be up and running in no time Smile

Once the salon is open, we'll also be putting a juice bar in the back courtyard as well as a stage for live performance.

I'll keep you posted as time goes on.

-L-