Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Blog
Thank you all for the enlightening comments on the "blackballed" cartoon, and the responses so far on the "DIY caption" cartoon.

There isn't a way to put your captions into the cartoon itself, just on to the "comments" section. I've decided to pick a winning caption on Friday, and offer a $25 prize from Stoneface to be picked up at the Maku'u market on Sunday, or mailed flat rate priority to off Island contestants. I will publish the cartoon with the winning caption and author's name on Friday.

I would also encourage e-mailed cartoons from readers for publication.
Don't worry about artistic skills; it's the ability to convey an idea that's important. (get your kids to draw it for you[Big Grin])

Here's how I do it; I sketch an idea in pencil, then go over it with a sharpie, and scan it into the computer. I then work with it in "paint" to solidify lines, darken areas, erase unwanted lines , etc. Save it as a jpeg for e-mailing.

Greg, your drawings look much better than the guy who does the local ones for HTH.
Greg, I just realized I met you at the Christmas crafts fair at the stadium, probably in 2005. I have had a Stoneface trivet in the center of my dining room table ever since. It's lavender and white, a design of a cattleya I believe.

I talked to you more than anyone else because I was so impressed by your art.
Small world!
quote:
Originally posted by Jon

The sensitivity of some on this forum is amazing... How can you make it to adulthood and not have been offended thousands of time?

Damon regularly offends me, but so what? I am sure I offend him often also, but that does not stop the dialog. He does not believe in a god, Greg may not ether, I don't know, but so what? That does not make there ideas or words less relevant or funny. If your mind is to closed to read or hear offensive things... the Internet is not for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
HBAT

Should I run down to cliff and throw my computer in the water now or wait until sunrise?

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
I don't know... is it a mac? of so... yes and don't wait...

HBAT
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii