Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cathie, The Love of My Life.
Most on the Punaweb now days don't know me or Cathie. I came to this site with a lot of the "group of 05". I wanted to let those of you that remember Cathie know that this morning about 1:45 Cathie died in my arms after a 20 month battle with breast cancer. She is no longer feeling the pain that has been tormenting here for the last 20 months. Hospice was so wonderful to Cathie and I. They took such a burden off our shoulders. I called the nurse earlier in the afternoon (Saturday) and she came out to check Cathie out for some new pain she was having. When I went to bed later,I tried to read for a while but Cathie's breathing became very labored and I gave her what medication I could to help calm her down and just held her until finally relaxed, took her last breath and passed from me and this life. The nurse from Hospice came back to the house filled out all the paperwork, called the doctor, the police, and mortuary for me. I just sat there numb and overwhelmed. While waiting for the mortuary to arrive, the nurse gave Cathie a bath and put her in one of her favorite nightgowns. She looked so pretty, like she was just asleep.

It was little after five in the morning when the house was empty, the sky is starting to lighten up in the east and it was time to put my head on the pillow and see there is any sleep for me.

Please, don't send flowers. If you want to do something, Have a margarita and give her a toast for putting up with me for almost 14 years.

Royall

Oh, Royall. I am so very sorry. We all are. What a beautiful way to go, in the arms of your beloved. I will have that margarita and toast to both of you, and to love that is rare and true.
Dear tender heart,

Gene and I will lift a glass of champagne to the west this evening and say a prayer for each of you, and send you our very best. For Cathy on her new journey and for Royall facing new endeavors. She lived her Hawaiian dream for a time and that is so very wonderful and beautiful, and you Royall helped her have that dream. Aloha Kokua.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
I'm so sorry, Royall.

My wife, Pamela, and I actually got to meet you both at KapohoCat's house in July of last year for her PunaParty. What a fun time that was, how nice it was to meet you.

My heart goes out to you during your loss. I'll make a toast facing West when the sun sets in a couple hours.

Aloha! ;-)
Aloha! ;-)
Bear and I send our deepest sympathy, Royall. We had the pleasure to meet Cathie and you on several occasions, and we will remember her as a warm and sweet person. I can't imagine the pain and loss you are suffering, but I know that the Hospice folks have made your burden a little more bearable. They are truly angels on earth.

I have been sober for 27 years now, but I will open a bottle of my favorite sparkling white grape juice at sunset tonight and join Bear in a toast to Cathie.

May your memories and the knowledge that she is beyond suffering comfort you,

Jerry and Bear
Aloha Royal,

I am so very sorry to hear of this and at a loss for words. Know that you and Cathie are in our thoughts
and we wish you well. Having some experience with this I do know that time does not heal all wounds.

Rob Tucker & family
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
aloha royal,

i'm sorry for your loss i'm sure cathie is at a better place as we speak, please call if you need anything since i'm closeby.

noel
Aloha Royal,
I too am sorry for your loss. Although I haven't met either of you other than on this forum, I will honor your request. Peace.

Hospice is a wonderful group. My experience with them was also one of very caring people.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
oh royal, i am so very sorry for your sad news. Cathie's suffering though has ended. what a glorious way to start her journey to the Pure Land in the arms of her beloved. take good care, our thoughts are with you... linnette
oh, I'm so sorry to hear of her pain and your loss. I have tears in my eyes. I am glad she's not in such pain any more. What can one say? Take care, Royall