Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mechanic for a Mini Cooper
Any other Mini owners here? I recently bought a used one and need to take it in for A/C servicing but don't want to take it to the BMW dealer in Kona. Anyone know a mechanic who works on them on the East side? The one I was referred to is retired.
what year - r12 or 134 refrigerant? does it need conversion? repair or a recharge?

why do the brits drink warm beer? - Lucas also makes refrigerators
HA!

Why don't the brits build computers?

Can't figure out how to make them leak oil.
They got close. Lucas electronics are different, because they work on compressed smoke, let it out and the component is done. Quite simple really.

That’s my green XJS you see out and about from time to time. A Lucas ignition / Bosch injection setup. I have lost years of my life and most of my hair tinkering with it …. But worth it when its all good

Aloha
03 S model. It isn't clear what the problem is, possibly the temperature sensor because the cooling fan doesn't even spin when the AC is turned on and it doesn't seem to go on even after 30 miles of driving, but the car doesn't overheat. Found a mechanic at Foreign Auto Repair in Hilo who I will see tomorrow. Was just hoping someone had a Mini and had taken it somewhere they could recommend.
I’d check low charge, fuse, ac relay …. in that order
Aloha
...fondly remembering my MG electronics.... NOT Smile

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
I am curious, too. Am moving there in next two months from SF area and still can't decide whether to part with my Mini. Here, if I drive say a half hour, I'll see 10 or more; last time I was there, I think I saw one in a week. So I'm assuming they're hard to get serviced. I'm curious if you were happy with Foreign Auto Repair, robguz.
I have a friend with one here (Hilo) and she hast to take it to the dealership in Kona for any work.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
Lucas, the Prince of Darkness! Yay Morris Garage!

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson