Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Party in Progress
I live in Orchidland and as I write this, I can hear rock music, quite loud, in the distance. Not that I don't like rock music, but I prefer to listen to it at my leisure and have the choice of what I want to hear. One of the big things I like about living here is the quiet (and I don't mind the frogs). But with this music, I feel like I'm living in a big city. Not nice.
Sorry to hear about that, having lived in several cities in the past I know what you mean.

There's a large family living quite close to me (Amau, HPP): they have parties quite often and they're loud. The thing is, the music is wonderful and so is the singing and chanting. I'm not sure about their ethnicity, Hawaiian, Polynesian or whatever, but it doesn't matter, it's beautiful. One day I'll have to invite myself there. If they did rock, which I like as well, I'm sure my opinion would differ.

Tom
Yeah I can hear it too. I think they Pau.

Daniel R Diamond
Daniel R Diamond
quote:
Originally posted by centipede

I live in Orchidland and as I write this, I can hear rock music, quite loud, in the distance. Not that I don't like rock music, but I prefer to listen to it at my leisure and have the choice of what I want to hear. One of the big things I like about living here is the quiet (and I don't mind the frogs). But with this music, I feel like I'm living in a big city. Not nice.

Try to think in a positive manner.

They are sharing their music with you... [Big Grin]
Just my 2 cents, but I would rather hear loud music on Graduation Weekend. Rather than sounds of random Guns Shots or Some Kid burning rubber in his Moms Honda followed by the sounds of Rescue Personnel going to an accident involving young people who were driving around parting after the last week of the school year.

Its better to keep them off the streets! right?

If the Music stopped by midnight nothing much to complain about.
right? [Big Grin]

If this was an every night Ordeal, it would be a different situation and I would complain too! [:o)]

but I can live with loud music playing one night a year!

Congrats to All PUNA High School Seniors!!!

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
I wasn't aware it was graduation weekend, and I think the music ended at about 12:30. As such, let a grumpy old man extend his congratulations to all those taking their first official step into the adult world. Good Luck.
Good stuff here. Thanks, centipede, for your humanity.

Here's the rule to follow in having a party, to avoid such friction: invite all the neighbors!Smile

quote:
Originally posted by centipede

I wasn't aware it was graduation weekend, and I think the music ended at about 12:30. As such, let a grumpy old man extend his congratulations to all those taking their first official step into the adult world. Good Luck.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park