Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOML wants a pool
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

hpp4me: Best way to to find a cost is to get bids. Shouldn't be a problem getting a contractor out these days! I think an "infinity" type pool would be great on a sloping lot - what does your lot look like?

We're pretty flat, but with great landscaping in the distance, the effect can still be quite nice. I'm not sure we need the infinity part of the pool (the cascading waterfall). I'm more intrigued by a high-end, above ground steel and concrete pool that would lift the house up and enhance views.
hpp4me

A few thoughts on what I think you're talking about.

Have you looked at polymer walls vs steel? I didn't think steel would be as long lived given our acid conditions.

We bought our pool as a kit. Poolkits and shiped it in our container.

Ours is an inground, but due to topography, one whole side is more like above ground, then back filled and concreted. Almost giving us an infinity effect. You can get a better idea from some of the pics linked in above thread. We have a friend that installed an above ground lap pool so it seems to be inground surrounded by a ground level deck at the house level. As they left all the support structure and vinyl exposed below the deck, I'm curious as to how it will withstand the ravages of the environment.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Great link! I have a lot to learn about the options available.
hpp4me,

Its hard to tell from the photos but our pool is 1/2 underground, 1/2 built up. It has a rubber liner covered with gunite. Give us a call and stop by if you want to discuss it. Having done this one, I could do it again just as nice for less money--live and learn.

Jerry
982-8197
Jerry
Art and Orchids B&B
http://www.artandorchids.com