Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wouldn't trust CHASE
I use Chase for the United flier miles. I just make sure to pay them in full each month before the due date. No problem. If I am late, BIG penalty. I don't care what their interest charges are, I never pay any.

And John, They are still making money off of you; at the expense of your retailer.
John said: "... When I visited Japan, Taiwan and Bali in May I called them before I left to give them all the details, what countries I will visit, etc. Three days before I left... "

I notify them the day before I leave, no chance for them to send me any "funny letters".

I don't trust ANY banks! Mine makes at least two serious mistakes a year, so I keep a close eye on everything.

I pay cc balances off every month and anything over $5000 gets sent certified mail.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
oooh they are pretty bad, i was late paying a few hours and they didn't want to give a waiver and instead charged me the late fee...$39, its crazy

i think i'll start charging 30cents every month too!

Noel Morata
Check out my blog about living aloha in East Hawaii http://noelmorata.blogspot.com/
I vainly thought that moving to Hawaii would have me far enough away from New York City to be relatively safe. I was wrong. For thirty years I have avoided doing business with NYC based firms because they have the lowest ethics (that may be generous - they don't have any ethics) and the sharpest shysters.

While here is actually no refuge from banking malpractice I still suggest shunning New York based banks as they are the worst of the worst.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by DanielP
And John, They are still making money off of you; at the expense of your retailer.
Well, I spend so much money at Safeway every month that I'm sure they don't mind that extra 20-30 cents expense. It's still less income than the postage Capital One pays to send me the monthly statement, not to mention the salary of the people handling my account![Wink]

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,PB,ABR,CRB,CM,FHS
johnrabi@johnrabi.com
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

quote:
Originally posted by DanielP

I use Chase for the United flier miles. I just make sure to pay them in full each month before the due date. No problem.

That's exactly what I did.
Not only I paid in full ,I paid 3 K more.

They didn't even wait to see if I pay the rest in full this month.

The point is that at some point (pun intended) you might need to

actually use the card for it's direct purpose - credit

without a fear that you'd be backstabbed with the double APR and

fixed rate changed to variable!

And,BTW,I used only 1/6 of my credit limit.
If you pay in full, then interest rate has no effect - maybe I'm confused, zero is still zero.

Not sure why someone would pay more than "full" unless maybe they knew of unposted charges?

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
David, you are not reading,just scanning (I assume).
And missing the point..

So I am going to quote myself (just for you):

in November paid 3K more than was on the

statement,knowing what the next statement will be.

So? The due date is still December 17 and Chase already doubled the rate and changed fixed to variable!

The point was not weather I'd pay it off,as usual ,of pay part of it..

The point was...Read the above[Smile]
StillHope:

I also 'prepaid' on a credit card (not Chase) one time as I was anticipating a large charge that was coming up that might put me over my limit. I got a call from the card's security department. He said it was a violation of the CC terms and they could freeze or terminate my card as a result. When I asked what the problem with 'overpaying' was he said it was a flag for possible scam activity (somehow utilizing the 'excess' credit with cash advances?). Not sure where that conversation was going and I didn't want to argue so I concluded the call as soon as I could. It made me wonder when reading about your situation whether your overpayment was used in a similar way as an excuse for Chase to change the financing arrangement on you without notice.
Oh No Hope,

Purpose of the card is flier miles, NEVER CREDIT !