Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potable water locations in Puna: where are they?
Public potable water locations in Puna: where are they? Is there a published list anywhere?
Isn't there one on 130 makai between HPP and Pahoa? Parking area and all.
There are taps on 130 at Keaau transfer station, at Keonopoko, a few hundred feet from the new fire hall, Kalapana at the Kaimu intersection and the newest one is just outside Nanawale on Nanawale Blvd. Not sure where they're located in Puna Mauka.
Can you get clean water out of those taps? Technique?
Would you drink it untreated?
-Veritas odium parit”(Terence 195–159 BC))-"Truth begets hatred".
I think that is what people do. I am not tempted to do that, though. I would want to know more. I think someone covered this in an old thread.
it is as good as any other Hawaii county water. Bring your own clean hose and containers. We still buy the extra filtered water from the water machines for drinking and use our triple filtered including the UV lights catchment for everything else. We would drink the county water but it has a bit of a taste.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
We drink the County water, using clean, sealed containers and a special food-grade hose, as Carol suggests. It tastes fine to us, but we came from a big city water system, so others might not find it as good by comparison.
The water from the county spigots are tested, as all county water is tested & is (must be by county & EPA) potable to remain open... whether the user ahead of you grossed out the actual spigot is a totally 'nother question...

The only maps I know of are; the PDC map, from 2006 that shows the general locations, but the Keaau box actually encompasses 2 different filling area on either side of the street:
http://www.hawaiicountycdp.info/puna-cdp...6.pdf/view

and County Dept. of Water Supply update map for the 6 upgraded locations around island from their site:
http://www.hawaiidws.org/

Sure would be great if the new county website actually had useful stuff like maps & such, without digging through layers of dept. stuff... but I really do think they think their job is to bury it in thicker & deeper piles...
We take it home and then run it through an activated charcoal filter to get rid of the chlorine taste. After that..it taste better than store bought bottled water.